Gerry Creaney - your memories

My daughter was the mascot for the friendly at Plymouth. As the team walked through the entrance, Ball and the team completely ignored her. Creaney was the only one to sign autographs and pose for photos with us.

tregyblue61 said:
My daughter was the mascot for the friendly at Plymouth. As the team walked through the entrance, Ball and the team completely ignored her. Creaney was the only one to sign autographs and pose for photos with us.
How was his pen to paper co-ordination?

Walked in The Melville in Stretford one afternoon and the landlord says, You've just missed Niall Quinn. He was having a couple of pints but some pissed up jock seemed to be getting on his nerves so he fucked off. He's over their asleep now on the settee.

No prizes for guessing the pissed up jock was our new star striker.

None whatsoever. I never saw him. He was never at our club. It's a myth. Dunno who he is.

(it's taken me fucking years of mental agility to repress the memories of that useless fucking bastard)

Other than that freekick, I mainly remember him scoring at Highbury in yet another defeat there. Platt played for Arsenal that day - had a drink with him and Hartson after the game (well we were in the same room)

szczecinmanc said:
Pre-season friendly vs Scarborough at the Mccain stadium.

Pre match warm up with the legend himself in fine shooting fettle........needles to say IIRC every single shot (loosely speaking) he attempted ended up nestling in the back of the stands with the fans.

Never has a man who shot so much produced so little.
i went to that and the goat scored.im sure creaney had long gone by then.i might be wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.