Gerry Gow stacking shelves at Tesco...

Gerry, Tommy and Bobby used to drink and play 3 card brag in the Bluebell (RIP) vault in Handforth. Top lads.
I also remember Gerry being the the main reason we won the Semi in '81. All the press were going on about how Ipswich's cultured Dutch duo would run the midfield... all they did was run away once they were welcomed by Mr Gow.

Remember in 81 singing Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow to all the spud fans down wembley way, one of my earliest City memories, they were singing archibald archibald, archibald back at us.

brand blue heavies said:
My dad took me to Maine Rd for the first time in the 70's and Gerry was playing.I remember him telling me what a cracking player he was.I was hooked from that day and will never forget it or thank my dad(god rest his soul) for making me a blue.He even named me after his favourite player Franny Lee(other way round though)

Without trying to be pedantic, he signed for us late 1980 or early 81.

Looking at that before and after picture... if someone showed me the after picture only, I'd never have guessed it was Gow!

I remember him walking past our car after the Quarter Final versus Peterboro going towards the station.In the Morrison mould,dont make them like that anymore!

My old boss knew Gerry well and said he had fallen on hard times about 8 years ago.

One of my all time fave players. Apart from big Nige they don't make 'em like that anymore. Did he go to Burnley after City and flop big time? I think their fans recently voted him amongst the worst ever players. Cheeky bastards, for what he did at City for those two seasons was outstanding and it surely must have been a lack of motivation once at Burnley to perform at that high standard again. Hope he benefits well from his night, good luck Gerry.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
One of my all time fave players. Apart from big Nige they don't make 'em like that anymore. Did he go to Burnley after City and flop big time? I think their fans recently voted him amongst the worst ever players. Cheeky bastards, for what he did at City for those two seasons was outstanding and it surely must have been a lack of motivation once at Burnley to perform at that high standard again. Hope he benefits well from his night, good luck Gerry.
I bet the six-fingered, in-bred hillbillies wouldn't have dared say anything to his face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.