Gerry Gow testimonial‚ Brizzle City v City, Sat 28 July

i fancy this one and a weekend down bristol, anyone know if it is a ticket affair or able to pay on day ?

Re: Gerry Gow testimonial ‚ Brizzle City v City

DTKOAG said:

Defenders Alan Pickering and Gary Bennett, mainly from the 80s and 90s, are also signed up, along with winger Dave Bennett, a 1981 FA Cup final runner-up.

Alan Pickering....
The only Alan that i knew was Oakes...

It will be Ally Pickering the manager of my local club New Mills AFC. As a player he played as a defender from 1989 until 2003 notably in the Premier League for Coventry City.
He has also played in the Football League for Rotherham United, Stoke City, Burnley, Chesterfield and Chester City.He never played for City but is a big blue and turns out for the City old boys.

That confused the hell out of me reading 'City' as them and 'Premier League Champions XI' as us.

northstander said:
i fancy this one and a weekend down bristol, anyone know if it is a ticket affair or able to pay on day ?
I think you can pay on the gate, £8.
I've got cousins who support both Bristol clubs but Ashton Gate is a ground City have not played at much over the last 30 years or so. The clubs seemed to keep missing each other on our respective travels up and down the divisions. Last visit was, I think, a league cup tie in Sven's season, think we won 2-0, Bianchi scored a cracker from 25 yards.
I think they beat us 1-0 at Maine Road in their last top flight season around 1980 or so, a Match of the Day game. A little fella called Tom Ritchie headed the winner.
Coincidentally, was watching a DVD of City games from ITV's The Big Match at the weekend and one of the games was Palace away, shortly after John Bond was appointed. We went 2-0 up early on, Gerry Gow getting the second. Then almost blew it, Palace getting two late goals to draw level, before Gow popped up with a last gasp winner.
The recently sacked Big Mal was in the crowd and gave an interview afterwards, saying he felt depressed and embarrassed at having been sacked. He then slagged off Bond's managerial record at Norwich.
A few weeks later, Mal got the palace job and was drawn at City in the third round of the cup.

I live in Bristol and would go, but I play cricket every Saturday. If it rains I will go. For anyone who hasn't visited before Ashton Gate is a dump of a ground, but Bristol is a great city.

The_mace said:
I live in Bristol and would go, but I play cricket every Saturday. If it rains I will go. For anyone who hasn't visited before Ashton Gate is a dump of a ground, but Bristol is a great city.
Spot on, great place though a bit expensive.

I'll be going down, my daughter lives and works in Bristol. Have not been to either ground but Bristol, apart from the traffic congestion, is a great city. If your going down try the Docks area in the evening ,great atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.