Get a grip, guys.

Re: Mancini OUT!!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Do we have to have one of these threads every time people discuss what is happening?

If there was no discussion at all and everyone was saying "Oh well not to worry" then this board would be extremely boring.

Something is wrong at the moment and points need discussing.

Mancini out etc comments are stupid as that wont be happening but discussions on our summer transfer policy/tactics/players form/desire etc are all worthy discussion points.

Too intelligent

Young said:
Okay, so I've been supporting the club for only 4 years, thus I said it's not in my place to judge "new" fans.

What I'm just annoyed by is just the fact that there have a handful of people jumping on the notion that Mancini is "shite" manager. And I just want to voice my opinion that we should get behind the manager.

And I'm pretty surprised that the title CAN annoy people that much. I'm just quoting what others are saying, people.

Never mind, it's not in my place, I'll just keep my mouth shut then.

How do you "get behind" the manager on a football forum? Limit your comments to "Forza Mancini" and "Mancini WOOOOOAAHH"?

He runs the team and gets flack when he gets it wrong. I haven't heard a single City fan ask for his head this season. I don't trust him an inch but even I don't believe his position is under any threat until at the very least next May.

We're only 2 points off last season when taking the fixtures into account. Yes more goals are coming in but its a new system with several new players. Dropping out of a pointless (in terms of popularity and revenue) cup to focus on other things isn't so bad, despite the manner in which we lost.

I say its better to have our rough patch now than in April. Can't expect to destroy everyone year-round. We're undefeated in the league with poor form and lots of experimenting. Things could be a whole lot worse. We could be having to buy off Halsey, Foy, and Webb to win.

Young said:
Okay, so I've been supporting the club for only 4 years, thus I said it's not in my place to judge "new" fans.

What I'm just annoyed by is just the fact that there have a handful of people jumping on the notion that Mancini is "shite" manager. And I just want to voice my opinion that we should get behind the manager.

And I'm pretty surprised that the title CAN annoy people that much. I'm just quoting what others are saying, people.

So you've supported the club for 4 years (how convenient) and you're making threads on here telling people how to conduct themselves and saying that people 'don't belong in City'?

Are we supposed to say 'well, look at 10 years ago' every time City put in a half arsed, rubbish display against average sides?

Tub thumping bollocks. 'Do you remember Lincoln away?'

Dethred said:
I say its better to have our rough patch now than in April. Can't expect to destroy everyone year-round.

No offence to you mate but I'm getting a bit fed up of this piece of claptrap, too.

It's like getting your house robbed and saying "Well it's better it happens now than at Christmas, eh?"

How's about we don't have a rough patch at all? You know, like champions?

Thing is, if we aren't careful, this sentiment will morph into "Well we can't win something every year". I've heard the first whispers of that already on the forum.

We don't need to panic, of course, but the manager needs to sort things out straight away by getting back to basics and stop trying to be clever.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dethred said:
I say its better to have our rough patch now than in April. Can't expect to destroy everyone year-round.

No offence to you mate but I'm getting a bit fed up of this piece of claptrap, too.

It's like getting your house robbed and saying "Well it's better it happens now than at Christmas, eh?"

Thing is, if we aren't careful, this sentiment will morph into "Well we can't win something every year". I've heard the first whispers of that already on the forum.

We don't need to panic, of course, but the manager needs to sort things out straight away by getting back to basics and stop trying to be clever.

Thing is DD, you don't hear any of this happy clapping tripe at the game, as everyone who goes are frustrated at the moment. Some people seem to have the impression that criticising a side who won the league for average performances isn't allowed. It's utter bollocks. We'll see at Christmas if the same tub thumping, cliche spouting demics are so 'forza mancini, he won us the league, be grateful, this isn't macc away anymore' if the poor form carries on.

Didsbury Dave said:
Young said:

How do you "get behind" the manager on a football forum? Limit your comments to "Forza Mancini" and "Mancini WOOOOOAAHH"?

He runs the team and gets flack when he gets it wrong. I haven't heard a single City fan ask for his head this season. I don't trust him an inch but even I don't believe his position is under any threat until at the very least next May.

Come on DD, he must have earned at least an inch in your affections ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
Dethred said:

We know they are capable at least but whether politics , egos ( within and without ) or lack of mental strength and professionalism get in the way we shall also soon see.

Sometimes staying on the mountain top is harder or less relevant than the journey there.

Realistically we cannot pass serious judgement of this until Christmas and if we are 4 points from top then I for one will be fairly content.

I'm just confused... what the hell happened to city's defence? since when is it the norm to concede so many goals?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.