Get Dad To A Game - Update with sad news p21

Re: Trying to get my Dad to a game..Can anyone help? UPDATED!!!!

The club makes me very proud. Luxury boxes are so hard to come by in sports. A beautiful gesture

Cake, I really hope your father is doing well. Enjoy the game, and keep your dad safe.

If you can, please post the pictures to show what’s going on that day will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
If you can, please post the pictures to show what’s going on that day will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Will Do my best to remember to take camera, itsine of my downfalls, always forget the bloody thing!

-- Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:05 am --

Balti said:
oops didn't read the whole thread
would have been more than happy to contribute in any way and still am
but City come through as always
different class :-)

Enjoy mate. Good Luck.

Thank you for the offer, but like you say City have come through.

It amazes me that complete strangers have offered money towards the cost of of privately hiring a box, you are all truly wonderful people!<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am --<br /><br />
Balti said:
oops didn't read the whole thread
would have been more than happy to contribute in any way and still am
but City come through as always
different class :-)

Enjoy mate. Good Luck.

Thank you for the offer, but like you say City have come through.

It amazes me that complete strangers have offered money towards the cost of of privately hiring a box, you are all truly wonderful people!

Re: Trying to get my Dad to a game......Can anyone help????

Cake said:
ANOTHER UPDATE

Hand a phone call from club today and they are giving us the use of a box for the Birmingham Game on the 13th November and will let us take a few of Dad's close City supporting friends too!

They really have done us proud in what they have offered, cannot quite believe they are willing to do it for us.

Can't wait for the day, my Dad is proper made up about it all and is looking forward to the day out more than anything in the last couple of years!!

See you at the game folks!!

Fantastic news buddy...now heres the squishy bit, tell your dad every day that you love him..Works wonders in the healing process. x

Re: Trying to get my Dad to a game......Can anyone help????

samharris said:
Cake said:
ANOTHER UPDATE

Hand a phone call from club today and they are giving us the use of a box for the Birmingham Game on the 13th November and will let us take a few of Dad's close City supporting friends too!

They really have done us proud in what they have offered, cannot quite believe they are willing to do it for us.

Can't wait for the day, my Dad is proper made up about it all and is looking forward to the day out more than anything in the last couple of years!!

See you at the game folks!!

Fantastic news buddy...now heres the squishy bit, tell your dad every day that you love him..Works wonders in the healing process. x

To be honest I think we talk pretty much everyday since he got ill and through his steady recovery, sometimes its just complete bollcks we talk about too, it's quite nice really. Same with my brother, he talks to dad virtually everyday, we were never really that close when we were growing up as he always worked away so we only saw him at weekends. Since he got ill it kinda brought the whol family closer together, even though me and my brother are in our mid/late 20's.

This is what makes city the club it is. 14 years ago my brother in law was diagnosed with CJD and the club Invited us down in a box with a meal and all the trimmings, visit from Buzzer and a young Michael brown came and watched the game with us,plus they let us have an empty box if one was available until he became too ill to go. Was a great gesture and much appreciated by him and the family.

just read it! brilliant news. hope your dad enjoy himself mate.

inchy14 said:
This is what makes city the club it is. 14 years ago my brother in law was diagnosed with CJD and the club Invited us down in a box with a meal and all the trimmings, visit from Buzzer and a young Michael brown came and watched the game with us,plus they let us have an empty box if one was available until he became too ill to go. Was a great gesture and much appreciated by him and the family.

Great story mate, shows the club still things about the everyday fans still. Gestures like this make our club truly great!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.