Get Dad To A Game - Update with sad news p21

Re: Trying to get my Dad to a game..Can anyone help? UPDATED!!!!

oakiecokie said:
Skashion said:
Great news, hope we do the business for him. Also, well done City as usual for sorting stuff like this out.

But as per usual thinks like this never seem to get reported by the National Media.
City really are great at this type of thing.Although we all have a moan now and again about odds and ends we think they "mess up on",overall I am glad I am a Blue.
Sent a post to Cake already and I bet they have a great day out.

When I told my Dad what was happening one of the first things he said he would do, after writing to the club to thank them was to send a letter/email to all the major newspapers telling them the sort of thing our great club has done for an 'ordinary fan' and no matter how much shite they print about us, the fact they do stuff like this makes us a cut above the rest.

Cake said:
oakiecokie said:
But as per usual thinks like this never seem to get reported by the National Media.
City really are great at this type of thing.Although we all have a moan now and again about odds and ends we think they "mess up on",overall I am glad I am a Blue.
Sent a post to Cake already and I bet they have a great day out.

When I told my Dad what was happening one of the first things he said he would do, after writing to the club to thank them was to send a letter/email to all the major newspapers telling them the sort of thing our great club has done for an 'ordinary fan' and no matter how much shite they print about us, the fact they do stuff like this makes us a cut above the rest.

And IMO thats what makes City a great Club.Have all the crap thrown at them,yet they don`t go shouting enough from the rooftops with things like this.Thankfully, its BM and the likes, that gives the fans an opportunity in finding out the truth.
Mate,have a great day out and personally it wouldn`t shock me if they also had a suprise for your Dad.
No I`m not an ITK !!
Just my gut reaction,that they`ll make it a day out,you`ll all never forget.
Don`t forget mate,let us all know how the day went,which I`m certain you`ll do.
Cheers.

oakiecokie said:
Cake said:

And IMO thats what makes City a great Club.Have all the crap thrown at them,yet they don`t go shouting enough from the rooftops with things like this.Thankfully, its BM and the likes, that gives the fans an opportunity in finding out the truth.
Mate,have a great day out and personally it wouldn`t shock me if they also had a suprise for your Dad.
No I`m not an ITK !!
Cheers.

Will do mate, to be honest, if they do nothing else at all, the fact that we can go and watch a game from a box is more than enough, anything they do over and above that would be amazing.

You're right in what you say, the club don't go shouting tstuff like this from the rooftops trying to garner a bit of publicity, all done on the quiet to make it a special day for the fan and not some sort or media 'look at how generous we are' day.

Cake said:
oakiecokie said:
No I`m not an ITK !!
Cheers.

Will do mate, to be honest, if they do nothing else at all, the fact that we can go and watch a game from a box is more than enough, anything they do over and above that would be amazing.

You're right in what you say, the club don't go shouting tstuff like this from the rooftops trying to garner a bit of publicity, all done on the quiet to make it a special day for the fan and not some sort or media 'look at how generous we are' day.

Sorry if there was a bit lost in my post,but I agree entirely with you ref it being done on the QT.

Re: Trying to get my Dad to a game......Can anyone help????

cant spell-dont care said:
How much is a fancy box, could do a quick collection, i am shaw we could rais enough funds.
Hi mate, just had a quick check, you can get a box for 8 people for a little over two grand, i'm sure we can raise that between us all, i'll chuck 50 quid in for starters, cheers and well done O.P.

Re: Trying to get my Dad to a game......Can anyone help????

themadinventor said:
cant spell-dont care said:
How much is a fancy box, could do a quick collection, i am shaw we could rais enough funds.
Hi mate, just had a quick check, you can get a box for 8 people for a little over two grand, i'm sure we can raise that between us all, i'll chuck 50 quid in for starters, cheers and well done O.P.

thats a really kind thought mate but put your money away ;-) the club have given us the use of one for the day!!!!!

I'm in

Glad to hear the good news Cake, i wish your family the best of wishes for the future and enjoy your chosen game.

oops didn't read the whole thread
would have been more than happy to contribute in any way and still am
but City come through as always
different class :-)

Enjoy mate. Good Luck.

This story/thread has a nice ending :)
Jesus you can read some tosh on here sometimes, bickering, slanging matches, rag invasions ect etc
But this really is one of the good ones :) hope he has a brilliant day.

Well done City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.