Get Kinkladze to Eastlands...

As much as I loved Kinkladze for me the player I have the most admiration for, other than the Mercer/Allison team is Ali Benarbia would love to see him last game with Gio, Just how good would they have been in the same team.

Danjo said:
It really would be a wonderful gesture from the club to the fans if this was to happen. Back in the dark days I would have been about 14/15 and it was tough being a blue back then. All my United supporting mates were asking why I bothered going to watch City week in week out, and I have to admit, at times, I questioned it myself. But two things got me through it, Oasis and Georgi Kinkladze.

I remember meeting him outside the ground after we'd played Wolves, he was sat in his chauffeur driven car. I tapped on the window and he shook my hand and signed my programme which I've still got.

I remember the open days that the club had, the first year, the players were just milling around on the pitch, when Gio arrived the whole place went nuts and all the fans just chased him down the tunnel. The whole thing was farcical (back in those days, most things were at City). Eike Immel was just wandering around the ground not knowing what had happened, it was crazy.

The last time he came over was for the last ever game at Maine Road. I think it would be fitting for him to come back again 10 years on.

Danjo,I have total respect for guys of your age as you went through the mill I am sure with all the Pinks at school.When I left school(77,19!) we were runners up but at least I saw something before the 30 plus years of mostly nonsense.

Great point re Gio,even at my age him and Oasis were the only things that kept me going in those dark,dark,dark days.

My favourite ever player and i highly doubt that will change. Its laughable to me that people suggest that he wouldnt get into todays team (when playing like he did in his first 2 years at city)

jamesha said:
Sometimes when ex players come out at half time their reception is a bit underwhelming. Understand that lots of people are getting a beer, going to the bog etc. but it would be good if things could be a bit more vocal. Maybe showing a two minute clip of the player's highlights would be a good idea?

This is an excellent point. Even for out-of-the-ordinary stuff, lots of fans won't give up their half-time pie and pint. It would have to be done just before kick-off. There would still be stragglers, but an announcement beforehand could probably convince most people to get to their seats a little earlier, and a video montage on the big screens would definitely help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.