Get Kinkladze to Eastlands...

Didsbury Dave said:
jma said:
GIO, GIO, GIO, GIO!

Who cares if he is fat or not? At twenty stone he could probably still run rings round most of the fuckers stealing a living in the Premier League.

And, yes, he would get in this team if he was playing consistently. And, no, there is no player in this team that can do the stuff he could do. In fact, there are few players who have ever played the game who had the close control, acceleration and balance he had. I'm prepared for someone to take the piss, but only the likes of Messi, Maradona and a few others could skin several players with the ball so close. Obviously he had flaws but his talent was immense and it is a crying shame he didn't make the most of it.

I don't care how good the likes of Silva and Yaya are (and they are genuinely in the top world bracket), no player has ever excited a crowd at City like Kinky did. The crowd genuinely got excited when he picked the ball up. A small roar went up and the crowd all sat up.

Get him on the pitch. What a fucking player!

Oh, and I've got a good word for Danny Tiatto too. A nutter but he could play a bit as we were coming back up. Had decent technique and did a good job in the centre of midfield for a while. Funny stuff when he got sent off (against Blackburn) a few minutes after coming on at Maine Road and Keegan went mental, saying he was finished here.

I liked the bloke though.
I got the piss taken on here for making a similar point.

In his pomp, his first two years, when he was on the ball and running at players he was like maradona. It didn't last long because he lost that burst of pace, but he was for two years world class.

He really wasn't Dave, all that left over LSD you had from the 70s made you see Puskas but in reality he was more a poborsky (IMO) (:

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
jma said:
GIO, GIO, GIO, GIO!

Who cares if he is fat or not? At twenty stone he could probably still run rings round most of the fuckers stealing a living in the Premier League.

And, yes, he would get in this team if he was playing consistently. And, no, there is no player in this team that can do the stuff he could do. In fact, there are few players who have ever played the game who had the close control, acceleration and balance he had. I'm prepared for someone to take the piss, but only the likes of Messi, Maradona and a few others could skin several players with the ball so close. Obviously he had flaws but his talent was immense and it is a crying shame he didn't make the most of it.

I don't care how good the likes of Silva and Yaya are (and they are genuinely in the top world bracket), no player has ever excited a crowd at City like Kinky did. The crowd genuinely got excited when he picked the ball up. A small roar went up and the crowd all sat up.

Get him on the pitch. What a fucking player!

Oh, and I've got a good word for Danny Tiatto too. A nutter but he could play a bit as we were coming back up. Had decent technique and did a good job in the centre of midfield for a while. Funny stuff when he got sent off (against Blackburn) a few minutes after coming on at Maine Road and Keegan went mental, saying he was finished here.

I liked the bloke though.
I got the piss taken on here for making a similar point.

In his pomp, his first two years, when he was on the ball and running at players he was like maradona. It didn't last long because he lost that burst of pace, but he was for two years world class.

He really wasn't Dave, all that left over LSD you had from the 70s made you see Puskas but in reality he was more a poborsky (IMO) (:
It was you who took the piss last time zin, if I remember correctly.

I stand by the point. His game was limited in the modern era because he did nothing else. And when he lost that burst of pace over three yards he lost everything. But with the ball at his feet, I'm his pomp, he was like maradona.

Ps it want LSD in the 70s, it was E in the 90s . But I still remember gio ;-)

Plenty of games where watching him alone was worth the entrance fee - love to see him back<br /><br />-- Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 pm --<br /><br />[youtube]http://youtu.be/nmlEHPMabc8[/youtube]

Support this 10000000%<br /><br />-- Thu May 02, 2013 12:41 am --<br /><br />Support this 10000000%

39788_345px.jpg

december 2012

Gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gio, all time ledge and on his day would walk into this current team, piss it.

It really would be a wonderful gesture from the club to the fans if this was to happen. Back in the dark days I would have been about 14/15 and it was tough being a blue back then. All my United supporting mates were asking why I bothered going to watch City week in week out, and I have to admit, at times, I questioned it myself. But two things got me through it, Oasis and Georgi Kinkladze.

I remember meeting him outside the ground after we'd played Wolves, he was sat in his chauffeur driven car. I tapped on the window and he shook my hand and signed my programme which I've still got.

I remember the open days that the club had, the first year, the players were just milling around on the pitch, when Gio arrived the whole place went nuts and all the fans just chased him down the tunnel. The whole thing was farcical (back in those days, most things were at City). Eike Immel was just wandering around the ground not knowing what had happened, it was crazy.

The last time he came over was for the last ever game at Maine Road. I think it would be fitting for him to come back again 10 years on.

black mamba said:
Tbilisi said:
Vienna_70 said:
Ali and Gio, yes. I was a big fan of both of them.

But Tiatto was just a clogger, who couldn't control himself, IMHO.

Good player Tiatto

He certainly was a good player ....

there were times , during our darker days in the lower leagues , when it seemed like Danny Tiatto was 'carrying' this team ...... he was probably our best attacking option in a fair few of those games , from full back !

No wonder he was a big crowd favourite , Tiatto gave his all to City.

Danny Tiatto! The first game I ever took my daughter to was when Tiatto came on as a sub - within 20 seconds he had been sent off for a truly violent tackle! (i think it was Blackburn at home) - my little girl said 'what's happend Dad?'
I said 'that my girl is Danny Tiatto!' - she has never forgot him!
Great player loved him. Him and Zabba have the same qualities...<br /><br />-- Thu May 02, 2013 7:06 am --<br /><br />
VinniesLad said:
Before we lost 3-2 to United in the FA Cup third round I was drinking on the train to the game with Nicky Summerbee. I know he's not popular amongst City fans. He said the club were planning on getting Georgi over a few years back and approached him at his home in Cyprus. Apparently he was so hugely overweight that 'certain persons' were worried he'd be laughed off the pitch and never went through with the plan of presenting him on the pitch. Summerbee whowed me a photo of Georgi on his mobile and he certainly looked like the size of a space hopper. I know this sounds derogatory of a great City player but I remember him and Summerbee being mates at City so I didn't see why he'd lie. Don't shoot the messenger !

Kinkladze saw me through many a grim game and is my all time favourite City player. I'd love to see him at City as I think he'd get a huge ovation.

Young Buzzer was never a City favourite was he? But he never had a chance trying to live up to his dad.
I have heard him on the radio a few times and he is 100% City. Never a bad word for us so Respect!

Sometimes when ex players come out at half time their reception is a bit underwhelming. Understand that lots of people are getting a beer, going to the bog etc. but it would be good if things could be a bit more vocal. Maybe showing a two minute clip of the player's highlights would be a good idea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.