Get the chequebook ready...

leewill31 said:
citymad said:
Yeh, lets waste some more of the chairmans money shall we ? Its disgusting the amount of money we've spent on players performing below par. For now at least I'd rather see what Mancini is made of and see if he can mould us into team capable of 4th spot.

there is one spot we are totally lacking and that is midfield,when ireland is out we are stuck with grafters in midfield and we are not winning games when this is all we have to offer because there is nothing on the bench to change this.

I think Vieira is to address that problem, short-term.

We have the quality for a Top 4 spot, it's just a lot of it isn't available right now. Everton, on this form, away from home is a tough match for anyone.

I think only Chelsea, who have the combination of skill and athleticism, could have comfortably dealt with the way Everton played today. Just last week Everton did the exact same to Arsenal that did to us today, on a bigger pitch at the Emirates, Arsenal were genuinely lucky to draw that match. If Rooney isn't at the top his game, the rags are toothless are when they come up against a team playing that way, and everyone knows Liverpools problems.

I would have taken a draw before the match, the loss isn't a disaster, it is the toughest league game out of a run of 9 or 10, as long as we bounce back and improve, this is not a major blow.

Soulboy said:
squirtyflower said:
wasn't it only last week that you and your ilk were telling us that the messiah didn't need to buy any players as he was a better coach than hughes, tactically more aware and able to motivate the players where hughes couldn't?

"The Messiah"... and clearly you're still a bitter Hughes fan by that comment.

We were told by your ilk not to judge Hughes till he had his own team in... then all I'm asking for is the same position for Mancini.

Oh, and yes... Mancini is light years ahead of Hughes in every way. But that doesn't mean he should be lumbered with the shit that Hughes bought and not be able to replace them with better.
and furthermore i'm neither a hughes fan or a mancini fan, i am a manchester city fan and support my team

citymad said:
leewill31 said:
there is one spot we are totally lacking and that is midfield,when ireland is out we are stuck with grafters in midfield and we are not winning games when this is all we have to offer because there is nothing on the bench to change this.

With respect mate I beg to differ its the full backs if any area that needs attention. We have some good options in midfield right now with Bellers, Petrov, Barry, De Jong, SWP, Vierra, Superman, and if needed Kompany. I will say though that out of those only Superman has that "special magic out of the blue" stuff so maybe you have a point but I'd still like us to work through it for this season.

to put it simpler we dont have a Gerrard, lampard type of player,like i said we only have ireland who in time may become this type of player but we really do need cover in this area but quality that can fight with ireland for that place.

pee dubya said:
leewill31 said:

I think Vieira is to address that problem, short-term.

We have the quality for a Top 4 spot, it's just a lot of it isn't available right now. Everton, on this form, away from home is a tough match for anyone.

I think only Chelsea, who have the combination of skill and athleticism, could have comfortably dealt with the way Everton played today. Just last week Everton did the exact same to Arsenal that did to us today, on a bigger pitch at the Emirates, Arsenal were genuinely lucky to draw that match. If Rooney isn't at the top his game, the rags are toothless are when they come up against a team playing that way, and everyone knows Liverpools problems.

I would have taken a draw before the match, the loss isn't a disaster, it is the toughest league game out of a run of 9 or 10, as long as we bounce back and improve, this is not a major blow.

im not saying panic but if you see my previous post thats what i mean!

blueinsa said:
riley347 said:
knew it wouldn,t be long before this bullshit srarted flying around.........

I dont see any bullshit?

We do need more quality if we want to crack this league, tonight showed it.

Whats wrong with wanting to sign quality players that will take us where we ant to go?

The quality that we want and need will probably not be available to us rite now

Good thread.
This should be made a sticky,on a side note do you think our owners regret saying they have 100's of millions to spend on players & then finding out that said players now cost twice as much as they should be..........our owners bought Robinho will they be happy with his treatment today or will they see it like when Mourinho benched Shev.
Shit team selection coupled with shit performance = loss it's that simple really,no nead for an in depth full of bullshit rant,games done with let's move on.

The Fat el Hombre said:
blueinsa said:
I dont see any bullshit?

We do need more quality if we want to crack this league, tonight showed it.

Whats wrong with wanting to sign quality players that will take us where we ant to go?

The quality that we want and need will probably not be available to us rite now

No doubt January is not the time, but Mancini will know what or who is available, whether we can get them and more importantly, if they are any better than what we have.

Like ive said, yes we didnt show but lets be honest, everton battered us tonight and well deserved it, so im not hiting the panic buttons by any means.

We will finish top 4 im sure of it, the better quality will come in the summer if not now and then we can push for the league.

Dave S said:
citymad said:
Yeh, lets waste some more of the chairmans money shall we ? Its disgusting the amount of money we've spent on players performing below par. For now at least I'd rather see what Mancini is made of and see if he can mould us into team capable of 4th spot.
^ ^
This.
We can't expect the owners to get the cheque book out every time we lose a fukcing match.

lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.