Get the chequebook ready...

The main thing we're lacking and one I've said all season is a box to box midefielder. Ireland is our only option and he's not been the same player this season. With him out neither Barry or De Jong get forward enough to support the attack and there is no one who can make that killer pass. Far too often the ball is given away needlessly in the final third.
Until we get a Gerrard, Lampard, Alonso etc we will always be a player light.

ctid83 said:
mancini needs to buy big time, atleast 5 new worldclass players
and get rid of robbie hes a joke!

citd

O wont get them in two dummer transfer windows let alone a January transfer window.

My main concern is a striker to support Tevez and a left back.

This squad is good enought to get top 4.
Jan buys are generally not great.
Finish top 4 , we can attract some top drawer players.

Just because we got silly money is no reason to be silly with it.

Soulboy said:
Mancini was lined up for the City job some 3 weeks before the start of the January transfer window. In that time he must have thought what deals he could do to get the 4th. place, which is vital to his retention next season.

He's been at City for over 3 weeks now, and apart from the free transfer signing of Vieira, we have heard little or nothing about impending deals.

It has even been suggested that the current squad, once they all return from injury, will be good enough to see us through.

After today, I hope he is already on the phone to Cook setting up at least 4 deals.

We are STILL crying out for a centre half, a full back, a midfield playmaker, and now a forward (with the likelihood that injuries will take their toll of our forwards).

We are the richest club on the planet... use that advantage.

Time is of the essence.
They are injured or at the ANC.

1st choice central defenders have been missing for a fortnight. You get away with it against rubbish, but not against the better teams.

dunno. he wanted to see what was really going on with the squad, and get the injured players back before splashing out 10's of millions. fair tactic really. we're doing well, despite yesterday, and still have more to come back in most of the problem areas.

i'm sure we have tried to get a couple, but it's not easy at this time of year. any deals that do happen will probably go down to the wire, just because the selling club can. NOTW (yes I know) says today we offered to buy out di maria's contract but he is loyal enought to benfica to want to stay till the summer. there may be a few like that. If your number 1 targets say yes, but not til the summer, is it really worth buying someone else in the mean time?

citymad said:
Yeh, lets waste some more of the chairmans money shall we ? Its disgusting the amount of money we've spent on players performing below par. For now at least I'd rather see what Mancini is made of and see if he can mould us into team capable of 4th spot.

as good a squad as we have, its not bob`s. i`d rather see him buy players he wants, and sell the ones he doesnt, if he can.

I agree with those saying you cant buy world class players in January especially if it is a world cup year... unless they are older like Vieira... and I agree with those saying we dont need new players this window!!!

And we need to get ALL the new players we have bought during 12 months to start playing like a team... that will take some time... + we do have players coming back like Ireland, lescott SWP... they will balance the team better... look at the goals we let in today... both set pieces 2 indiviual mistakes both looked fairly light in the blowing... freekick there was hardly no contact at all... de jong leaves a gap... we get punished... the penalty was a penalty according to the rulebook but if we are going by that it should as Mancini said be 5-10 penalties each match for shirt pulling....

I say I think this loss if ever a loss is good was a blessing in disguise... Mancini will have learnt lots from it... our players will be revengeful to next game... and a loss which is our 3rd in the league isnt all that fuzz that some keep spouting in certain threads...

Breaker said:
Adebayor, Lescott, Toure, Bridge, Ireland. We should put in bids for all of them then maybe we'll have a shot at a top half finish.

How people forget eh...??

we are understrength due to injuries and players away....not because of needing new players.

Clueless would have been getting money to spend in the window so I don't doubt that Bob has funds available.

tbh we have "swam the channel" in getting the 3 consecutive league wins under Bob with so many injuries and players away, yesterday we were thoroughly outplayed and Everton deserved their win.

Bob made a poor team selection imo and subs were questionable but to be fair he didn't have too many options open to him.

We have a few players who will be back soon and Ade and Kolo should be back in the fold within 2 weeks so the squad will strengthen naturally over the next few weeks.

The last few weeks have potentially been a tricky time for us but we have come through it well.

We will get much better value for money near the end of the window and this will have allowed Bob that bit more time to assess the squad and make sure that the 1 or 2 players he brings in are cover for the correct positions.

All in all disappointed at such a poor result and performance yesterday but by no means a disaster and at least Bob will have seen how some of his players reacted from being under the cosh.

onwards and upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.