Getting a GP appointment

Do you work as a receptionist in a surgery ? You could just answer the phone (hoping this joke hasn't already been done).

(Sorry not making light of it, as I know from experience it can be horrible).

It’s not too bad. I put it down to rock gigs for twenty years. I’m in the pub now and can’t hear it. Just when I’m in a silent house in bed.

You do know they get 100k per year dont you?

That’s irrelevant. I sat crying my eyes out in front of Dr Gill when I was diagnosed with depression. There are tears forming in my eyes now.

I contemplated suicide in March. I even picked where to do it. That woman saved my life. She’s worth a million per year to me.

Utter bollocks!
UK GPS are by a long way the highest paid in Europe.
My brother in law is a GP.
Retired this year early because otherwise he’d have too much in his pension pot that’s why he retired early.
Used to brag about all the extra cash payments they got on top of the salary.
Plus he never stopped moaning about overwork despite being on the books of a credit card company as their doctor, a rugby club as their doctor and still manages to run two companies accrediting HGV drivers.

that’s changed now mars. ‘Golden age’for Gp’s has passed.A lot of younger ones leaving because do not want to be doing more work for less pay. I will tell you I know a lot more GP’s than you and they are not like as ‘lucky’

do you not think after minimum 10yrs of training GP’s deserve to be paod
You do know they get 100k per year dont you?

Ha! A myth. Most GP’s do not get paid that much. Most Partners should make at least that much but not salaried GP’s
Govt have cut funding for things GP’s would have been paid for in the past

It's certainly not just yours, to get into ours it's been like that for years, now you can only do it online, I wasn't aware the virus spread via telephone cables, but it seems it does as they now don't answer the phone. I tried to get to see a nurse a couple of weeks ago about a minor skint issue.

Even though I'm registered with them, I rarely if ever visit or ask to see anyone, last time was probably 5 or 6 years ago, anyway I went to the first website, entered all the details requested, and was sent an auto email thanking me for registering, err I wasn't registering I'm already one of your patients and have been for 9 years.

In that email I was given a "key" (no not to get in the surgery), so I could then fill another form in an another website, which I duly did (most of it was the same as the first one). Another email came through with another address to book an appointment, whahay....oh....

Onto the booking form, filled it all in, with details of the issue, pressed send. About 1/2 hour later I got another email telling me that I'm not eligible as I don't have certain other "key" from the NHS. This all took me about 2 hours, at which point I thought f**k it, it's really not worth the bother.

I hope it's not skin cancer as I could be dead before I ever see someone, luckily I don't think it is.
Sounds like something from The Crystal Maze!! ;-)

Superb service from ours. If you want a telephone chat they are back on the phone within minutes most times, need a prescription they have it done that day for you no problems and if you need an appointment its no longer than a week and any emergency they will see you that day.

The NHS is superb.
Same with me, don’t have a problem and had a face to face the other week

Should have gone to see your bank manager.
That's something I don't have an issue with right now, my bank manager loves me. If covid has done one thing for me, it's save me a fortune, I guess it's very dependant on your line of work, I've worked all through, even had a fair bit of overtime, and without the commute I've saved loads, and then there is nothing else to spend money on other than food (and drink obviously).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.