Getting a GP appointment

A 40 years old health check? I never heard of those. Presumably there is one available for 50 year olds too? I'm in my mid fifties and never had any of these. I've not been to the docs for about 10 years. Maybe I should make an appointment now for my 60 year old health check !
Colonoscopy time too

that is really dangerous, it needs to be done really carefully because of your ear drum

I've blasted mine out for years, now when I go swimming the water goes straight down my ear canal and feels weird. Reckon I knackered both of them up!

I'm 40 and have never heard of this health check either.
It's definitely a thing. I got a letter earlier this year, but I think currently it's not possible to book in due to covid-19.

They are supposed to send you a letter after you are 40 inviting you to make an appointment, in the uk at least.

Mine was 2 years in the post though it seems, or possibly the clinic staff decided to get on the letters backlog when covid-19 shut down regular appointments and gave them some spare time, presumably so they could delight in telling anyone who tried to ring up and book that they are not scheduling checkups currently.

Not to harp on about it, OK I’ll harp on about it, you guys getting into your 40’s need to start getting screened for colon and prostate issues

I have my ears done and they don't syringe them they have some device that warms a fluid up in my ear and then they flush it out when it's really soft, it's a pleasant feeling not at all like the massive stainless steel ear abuser they used to use.

oh this is a plastic device, painless when you use it.

They advised to put some drops in your ears before doing it.

I know times are tough, I know the NHS is having to deal with unprecedented times. I get all that.
However, if I want a GP appointment I now have to telephone at 8am and then redial about 60 times (not joking here) before I can get through to someone. I'm then told (if I have found the Golden Ticket or just bloody lucky) that I will receive a telephone appointment "at some time today."
That's not a problem usually, but I then have to go to work where (as a key worker) I also have telephone appointments (scheduled at specific times, 10 minutes each all back to back).
So how does, say, a construction worker up a scaffold cope when they get the phone call??
Is it just my surgery like this or is it all of them?
It's certainly not just yours, to get into ours it's been like that for years, now you can only do it online, I wasn't aware the virus spread via telephone cables, but it seems it does as they now don't answer the phone. I tried to get to see a nurse a couple of weeks ago about a minor skint issue.

Even though I'm registered with them, I rarely if ever visit or ask to see anyone, last time was probably 5 or 6 years ago, anyway I went to the first website, entered all the details requested, and was sent an auto email thanking me for registering, err I wasn't registering I'm already one of your patients and have been for 9 years.

In that email I was given a "key" (no not to get in the surgery), so I could then fill another form in an another website, which I duly did (most of it was the same as the first one). Another email came through with another address to book an appointment, whahay....oh....

Onto the booking form, filled it all in, with details of the issue, pressed send. About 1/2 hour later I got another email telling me that I'm not eligible as I don't have certain other "key" from the NHS. This all took me about 2 hours, at which point I thought f**k it, it's really not worth the bother.

I hope it's not skin cancer as I could be dead before I ever see someone, luckily I don't think it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.