Gigs Thread

Not a famous band, but not a bad one.
17/12 around 8pm at The Station in Ashton under Lyne.
Live
The Vermin Suicides.
Free entry.
(Admission is free, however, you may or may not want to contribute to the ongoing homeless charity based there.)

Went to see The 4 of Us in a tiny bar called The Wild Duck, Sunday before last.
It was like having them in your front room.
It was actually just The 2 of Them, the Murphy bros. In an acoustic set, but they were absolutely brilliant. Brendan had a fabulous rapport with the audience, explaining every song. Declan says very little but his guitar playing was exceptional.

Went to see My Darling Clementine at Biddulph town hall on Saturday. 50 in the audience, a pint of draught beer and a glass of white wine for a fiver. Another cracking night by a vastly under rated Americana country/folk duo.

Going Saturday at the Apollo, taking little lad as his mum has an op this weekend and don’t want tickets to go to waste. He’s looking forward to it so much. Just need to watch England somewhere too before it.

I saw that Paul Heaton has arranged for the match to be shown at their gig

Tom A Smith in Liverpool tonight. My lad lead guitarist for chief support Megan Wyn.
Can’t wait

Went to see Fontaines DC, again, last night...had flu over the weekend and wasnt feeling great so decided to drive.....i dont think im going to drink at a gig again!! It was brilliant....i have struggled a bit with their most recent album, but live its a different beast.
I seen this band from a small unknown, playing on the back of a truck in a field, to catching them headline their own European and UK tour....so so good. A couple of pics for @Aphex and @mackenzie who i know are fans :-)

A special mention, has to go to Wunderhorse the support band...rarely am i impressed by support acts, but these guys have a new fan in me!

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.