Gigs Thread

I should put this in the Classic Rock thread i suppose, but Band On the Wall has Marillion’s guitar genius Steve Rothery playing with his solo band.

He’s playing 9 & 10 June, but hopefully all of us will be otherwise engaged on the 10th (though I’ve potentially put my foot in it with Roger Waters at the Arena that night).

Anyway he plays loads of the Fish-era stuff, and apparently he’s doing full renditions of Misplaced Childhood and Clutching At Straws albums as part of his set each night.

The cure next for me and then Squid next feb.
I would love to see Baxter Dury but might have to travel to see him. Sunny Manchester in Oct might be on the cards.

John Lees’ Barclay James Harvest are delighted to announce a very special concert at Huddersfield Town Hall on Saturday, 23rd September with the Slaithwaite Philharmonic Orchestra. In the early 1970s Barclay James Harvest was one of the first bands to record and tour with an orchestra, successfully fusing the worlds of rock and classical music. This concert will see JLBJH perform orchestrated renditions of classic Barclay James Harvest repertoire of the early 1970s such as Mocking Bird, The Poet, After the Day and the epic Dark Now My Sky (not performed live since 1973) along with more recent material newly arranged for an orchestra.

The Slaithwaite Philharmonic Orchestra was formed in 1891 in the beautiful Colne Valley near Huddersfield. The 80 strong orchestra has a reputation for innovative programming, choosing to showcase modern and more challenging works alongside the standard classical repertoire and they have performed a number of world premiers, undertaken tours of China, several tours of Northern France and have recorded for the BBC. The SPO’s inspirational musical director Benjamin Ellin has adapted the original Barclay James Harvest orchestral arrangements especially for this project. The SPO’s collaboration with JLBJH is another step on the orchestra’s musical journey.

The Huddersfield concert will be the first time that any incarnation of Barclay James Harvest has performed with an orchestra in the UK for fifty years and promises be a unique and very special event.

I’m missing City on Wednesday night to see Steve Mason, last time I had tickets to see him in Todmorden, I had to miss it due to COVID.

Gig has been moved from Gorilla to Canvas though at short notice, no idea why. I’ve never been to a gig there either - looks decent though - has anyone been?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.