Gillette Proglide blades v wetshave razors..

Get yourself a Feather safety razor... expensive (if you go for the Stainless version) but a superb daily driver

It took me a few goes to get the angle right and it's a very mild shave but highly recommended....

Tried a few shaving soaps too.. I like Erasmic (cheap) and also like the gear from Taylor's of Old Bond Street but the scent is pretty old school....

I got a safety razor off my sons for a present and it was a revelation...

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. Just sent for a quality Sheffield steel razor from Amazon (from reviews). A 10 pack each of Derby and Feather blades, quality bristle shaving brush and Taylor's sandalwood shave Balm.

Sorted: )

Glad to be of help

I have used a standard twist opening blade holder for many years using a Bic single blade stainless (assume its same as the old Wilkinson SS blades). Buy them cheaply enough ie 2 euros for for 2 packets.

Save your money

818d81a54db5f6f0ffca2613dcf780f7.jpg

Bought a butterfly razor/3pack of d e blades/brush 2years ago off eBay £10-15
Must be 30yrs since I used one.
Forgot how to use it.first time I looked like a extra from peaky blinders cut to fk..
But now wouldn't go back to what I used before mac3.still got 5blades
And a proper clean shave.normally shave after a sauna in the week.and good for your balls also

Thanks for the replies guys. Just sent for a quality Sheffield steel razor from Amazon (from reviews). A 10 pack each of Derby and Feather blades, quality bristle shaving brush and Taylor's sandalwood shave Balm.

Sorted: )
I've tried a few blades... for me Feather are superb

I have around 90 Astra blades available if anybody uses them and needs any

Last edited:
I hate paying ridiculous prices for razors and I’ve tried most of the non-premium options over the years. I’m currently using the new 5 blade one from Aldi and it suits me perfectly. I don’t have tough stubble and I get a clean shave with little or no rash and they last a long time before needing to change them. At less than a fiver for 4 cartridges they are a bargain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.