Gio....

Kinky by name said:
MCC said:
"before he played for City"

"Ali B was a top star for City"

you'll see that you said "Ali B was better than Kinkladze"... to which I responded; "before he played for City." Okay? With me so far? Yes absolutely. Keep digging.

Fucking hells bells Kinky! And I might be twattish at times but i am not thick.

I think we would all have loved to have seen kinky and ali b in the same side.

Ali B may well have been more skilful than Kinky but he wasn't while he was at City.... you've lost me with the rest of it as you seem to be arguing my point. However, I'm bored with it all now. And as a general point, to all the non-believers find me another compilation of any City player that is as thrilling in pure football terms.

By the way MCC, I agree with your last point.

Yep in terms of getting you up off your seat and being thrilling in pure football terms the Georgian was amazing. Build a team around him is what everyone was saying. But he wasn`t that good enough to do it week in week out unfortunately.

different players shone in different eras for all sorts of reasons good and bad

70's bell,lee,summerbee,book

80's power,Hutchison,lake,Corrigan

90's kinky,rosler,walsh,curle

we all have different opinions about players from the past but some stood out more than most because in good our bad times you still need your heroes.

kinky in a lot of Manchester city's fans eyes will all ways see kinky as a legend even if the minority don't like classing him as one!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7BuNzATQsw[/youtube]

MCC said:
Kinky by name said:
Ali B may well have been more skilful than Kinky but he wasn't while he was at City.... you've lost me with the rest of it as you seem to be arguing my point. However, I'm bored with it all now. And as a general point, to all the non-believers find me another compilation of any City player that is as thrilling in pure football terms.

By the way MCC, I agree with your last point.

Yep in terms of getting you up off your seat and being thrilling in pure football terms the Georgian was amazing. Build a team around him is what everyone was saying. But he wasn`t that good enough to do it week in week out unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the right of one of our 4 3 3s nowadays though. "Gio, just find space, Nige will win it and give it to you and then just cut in and take them on fella" We didn't have the players or the managers to sort this out unfortunately at the time.

Like I posted before, I will stick up for him to the hilt but I cannot explain why an Ajax lad told me he was "one of the worst players he'd ever seen." It must have been Marvin's Dutch cousin.

...LEGEND.

xerk3a.jpg

I'm not gonna compare kinky with any other player, i'm not gonna weigh up the pros and cons of having him in our (struggling) team and I certainly aint gonna look at any of his stats.

All I'll say is that my first game as a season ticket holder was in the newly re-built kippax against spurs at Maine Road, the boys first game in blue. I fell in love with him there and then and surely thats what being a kid and loving football and city is all about. I remember him killing the ball on his chest in mid air stopping it dead in what seemed like slow motion while every other fucker was running round like a headless chicken. Love at fucking first sight. I remember going to the old shambles (pre IRA)after the game with my dad and his mates, the sun was shining and me and my little borther played football in the open spaces next to Marks trying to re-create kinkys jinking runs. I even tried to be left footed I loved him that much. He made watching City a treat for those few years.

You can say what you want about his end product, his workrate, his goals from open play or the rest of the shite I've just read on here. You can't steal our fucking memories. The man was a fucking genius.

julio jordio said:
I'm not gonna compare kinky with any other player, i'm not gonna weigh up the pros and cons of having him in our (struggling) team and I certainly aint gonna look at any of his stats.

All I'll say is that my first game as a season ticket holder was in the newly re-built kippax against spurs at Maine Road, the boys first game in blue. I fell in love with him there and then and surely thats what being a kid and loving football and city is all about. I remember him killing the ball on his chest in mid air stopping it dead in what seemed like slow motion while every other fucker was running round like a headless chicken. Love at fucking first sight. I remember going to the old shambles (pre IRA)after the game with my dad and his mates, the sun was shining and me and my little borther played football in the open spaces next to Marks trying to re-create kinkys jinking runs. I even tried to be left footed I loved him that much. He made watching City a treat for those few years.

You can say what you want about his end product, his workrate, his goals from open play or the rest of the shite I've just read on here. You can't steal our fucking memories. The man was a fucking genius.

eminem_encore_cover.jpg

!!!11

MCC said:
Quality vid. Kinky teeing up Martin Buster Phillips from about 5 yards out. Absolute fucking gash martin. Football genius signing though. First 10M player. Football genius Alan.

Just imagine what Gio was thinking. The best thing about that one is, watch it again, at no point does the c*nt look like scoring! That's not easy from 5 yards.

I met him on my 21st in Royale's and he was a nice lad. He called Michael Brown a wanker, which amused me.

leewill31 said:
different players shone in different eras for all sorts of reasons good and bad

70's bell,lee,summerbee,book

80's power,Hutchison,lake,Corrigan

90's kinky,rosler,walsh,curle

we all have different opinions about players from the past but some stood out more than most because in good our bad times you still need your heroes.

kinky in a lot of Manchester city's fans eyes will all ways see kinky as a legend even if the minority don't like classing him as one!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7BuNzATQsw[/youtube]

Brings a little tear of joy to my eye watching that. Remember most of those goals and runs. An utter legend and one that shouldn't ever be forgotten. The lad could run 100 yards, through 4 defenders, with a ball at his feet, faster than most of us could run 100 yards on a clear pitch (and most other players in his era). Legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.