Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Now I've said it, I'd be absolutely shocked if Erik ten Hag isn't our next manager (if Pep is planning to leave in the next year or two, fingers crossed he is here for a decade).

He's alright, and he'd probably win some things, but I just think he's a very, very, very noticeable step down.

Why not someone like Erik ten Hag who is young, ambitious worked with Pep, and has proven himself to work bringing through youth in the philosophy our team is now built around?

Your man is a good shout mate.

But....

1. Rogers is prem proven. He was very close to the title at Liverpool and his current Leicester team are the 3rd best in the division at present.

2. He plays exciting football.

3. He is fucking desperate to do something ‘big’.

He’d be my choice.

Your man is a good shout mate.

But....

1. Rogers is prem proven. He was very close to the title at Liverpool and his current Leicester team are the 3rd best in the division at present.

2. He plays exciting football.

3. He is fucking desperate to do something ‘big’.

He’d be my choice.

It'd wind the scousers up, so I'd be up for it. But "proven" is up for debate. Leicester look decent this season, a real chance of getting into the top 4 so I can see where you're coming from.

Is this made up bollocks or is it from the horses mouth as in city’s board,van bronckhorst doesn’t seem like the type to succeed in the high pressure cauldron of the premier league ...

Meh.. I’d rather go for the likes of the Ajax coach or dare say it Pochettinho..

LMAO - and what has poch achieve in the cauldron of the PL?

Rogers is very good manager, we could do worse when Pep leaves, but he was shit in transfer market while at Liverpool. I wouldn't feel safe giving him our millions if he was the main one in transfer decision making at Liverpool.

Toon where shite but the way Rogers has his team playing i could see us being very interested again once Pep left.

Its Arteta's gig if he wants it though imo but its also a huge call for us as a club to give it to someone as a first job.

Agreed. He can't be too 'enthusiastic' when working alongside pep because that is what pep does so he needs to be the calm one.
If arteta was assistant to Roy Hodgson for example, I imagine he would behave very differently on the sideline
He didn’t when Pep was in the stands the other season, he just stood in the technical area, and I thought then the stark contrast between him and Pep. The biggest thing is will the players respect him and his decisions as he will have been with them years I certainly would hope so.

Best analogy i can think of, City's management have built a juggernaut on rock solid foundations, to equal any other club in world football, Peps legacy will be felt for years.
Subsequent managers will not need to make radical changes to stay on course, which is the usual task for newly appointed leaders. I expect the ability to recruit the very best backroom staff to be a crucial task for the job, along with great motivational skills.
From where we are it would be completely out of character for the board to make a balls of the succession. I don't accept that being an ex-player is vital to being a great manager, but conversely it should not be a hindrance... Re Arteta , as a kfa of long standing i find it impossible to have an opinion, apart from Pep's reputation of not suffering fools gladly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.