Giro D'Italia 2018

Best car i've ever had. Bazzed up and down the mountains for fun.

They were a sort of lash up of a Peugeot Citroen parts bin weren't they? The 104 and the Visa? I had a Citroen LNA - A Peugeot 104ZS clone - like a sawn off Samba. Nippy, cheap to run but boy could it rust.

Best era for small cars - those above. Uno, 205, 127, 104, r5 - all lightweight cars that were nippy with tiny engines - low tech so little to go wrong - great MPG but thrown away like all cars are when people get bored and see a shiny new one. Sad - I'd have any of the above tbh.

Sportsmans bet. Fiver says that other than an erroneous Salbutamol finding-once- theres nowt else on the lad.

Not that I'm a massive fan of Froome by the way. But what a rider.

Good call Dan - truth is that none of us, you, me or @leighton have any idea whatsoever at the moment. My instinct is same as yours; I certainly wouldnt put him in the category of Armstrong. This asthma business is an irrelevance to my mind - it was on one stage of one tour, yet on all his other days in all the other grand tours in the last 5 years there hasnt been a peep that we are aware of. What sky have been 'guilty' of, and Shane Sutton admitted as much, is bending the rules to the absolute maximum, and that includes using the most advantageous TUEs to benefit performance that are allowable/ ie are not on the banned list - and tbh, why wouldnt you??!

The bigger issue for me, and I've read a lot on doping in cycling and the Lance era, from David Walsh, Paul Kimmage, and the rest, is how to explain his dramatic improvement in performance from a peleton pro to suddenly being a top performers and potential GT winner? That is always the question, whatever the sport. Having said that, it is a question you could ask of the vast majority of the other top riders if you look at there progression, and also of most track and field stars. (That was what made Bolt so special, he was a world leader as a teenager too).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.