Giudetti

Makes no sense to be playing a youngster just for the sake of "giving youth a chance" when we have world class talent available.

More than happy for him to stay and either play a bit part in the season or go out on loan to a prem/ championship team, but would also be happy if we can manage to get 7+ mil for him.

Ultimately, Id like to see him get a loan move to a premier league team, but the (well-documented) problem then is that he'll only have a year left on his contract come next summer, after possibly having performed very well throughout the course of next season, on the other hand possibly not. Just my opinion, but I think it'll be the former

Neville Kneville said:
Is Guidetti back at City now btw or still ill or just absent ?

Pre season would be the ideal time to have a look at him. If he was exceptional, then he could be fast tracked into the squad. If, as I suspect, he does quite well but not special, he could go out on loan again.

Yes he is back now with City but he have been injured for 3 months so I dont think he will reach full potential during the pre season.

In Sweden we got a radio program called summertalkers normally its famous people talking about their career in music movie sport etc. As one of the youngest John Guidetti was on this program last week talking about his life for 1,5h hour. And he was talking about his dreams about becoming the best in the world. He thinks very high of himself and is ready to put everything he can to get there. His father who is very proud of him as a parent but as his trainer he says its not good enough we have to increase training and work harder.

You know when Feyenoord had training once a day John was training 2 more times that day so he is abit like Ronaldo everything in his head is about football tho he dont care about his body the way Ronaldo does. But for sure he lacks abit pace becourse hes abit big. But im sure he will work on that alot.

swedishGuidettifan said:
Neville Kneville said:

Pre season would be the ideal time to have a look at him. If he was exceptional, then he could be fast tracked into the squad. If, as I suspect, he does quite well but not special, he could go out on loan again.

Yes he is back now with City but he have been injured for 3 months so I dont think he will reach full potential during the pre season.

In Sweden we got a radio program called summertalkers normally its famous people talking about their career in music movie sport etc. As one of the youngest John Guidetti was on this program last week talking about his life for 1,5h hour. And he was talking about his dreams about becoming the best in the world. He thinks very high of himself and is ready to put everything he can to get there. His father who is very proud of him as a parent but as his trainer he says its not good enough we have to increase training and work harder.

You know when Feyenoord had training once a day John was training 2 more times that day so he is abit like Ronaldo everything in his head is about football tho he dont care about his body the way Ronaldo does. But for sure he lacks abit pace becourse hes abit big. But im sure he will work on that alot.

Cheers.

He does seem like somone who is willing to work on his faults & keen to improve. It will be difficult for him to break into City's squad if he's not fit for pre season though.

I do rate him, but against the League of Ireland team at the DSC last year he didn't strike me as the wisest footballer ever. He was always trying to get it in the top corner or rushing it and neither worked, and this is against crap players and James McLean. I reckon he'll have improved a lot at Feyenoord.

Imagine this strike force next season: Agüero, Balotelli, van Persie, Guidetti. Potential to get 80 goals between them. My mouths watering.

Neville Kneville said:
swedishGuidettifan said:
Neville Kneville said:

Cheers.

He does seem like somone who is willing to work on his faults & keen to improve. It will be difficult for him to break into City's squad if he's not fit for pre season though.

I hope he does well and improves his game, I have n't seen much of him however if he is as I suspect a front-to-goal finisher or box-player then I don't see him ever succeeding here, even if he took his game to the level of Gomez; It is hard enough for a more all-round player like Dzeko at the moment and a lack of pace is n't encouraging as if we are to operate with a striker of that ilk they will need to be able to run in behind.

sergiokun said:
He needs to go out on loan to a team in the league

The thing is if you loan him out to say Swansea, he's not at such a good club as he was last season. And we can't loan him to a top team here for obvious reasons. So where's he gonna go? Sunderland? Admittedly it worked for Welbeck, but they'ye different players. I'd loan him to say Valencia or Athletico Madrid in Spain, or Lazio or Napoli or Roma in Italy. Can't loan him to Germany cos he'll end up like Džeko.

I'd rather keep him and play him anyway. He's says he wants to leave permanently if he isn't given a chance this season. When does his contract end?

blutomato42 said:
sergiokun said:
He needs to go out on loan to a team in the league

The thing is if you loan him out to say Swansea, he's not at such a good club as he was last season. And we can't loan him to a top team here for obvious reasons. So where's he gonna go? Sunderland? Admittedly it worked for Welbeck, but they'ye different players. I'd loan him to say Valencia or Athletico Madrid in Spain, or Lazio or Napoli or Roma in Italy. Can't loan him to Germany cos he'll end up like Džeko.

I'd rather keep him and play him anyway. He's says he wants to leave permanently if he isn't given a chance this season. When does his contract end?

Perhaps it will make him a better player if we send him to Spain or Italy, he will developer better technically there any way and I think if we sen't him to Germany he would end up as a pure 9 where as if he went to Spain or Italy he could develop into a 9 and half and be more involved in build up play, although I think Dzeko is n't really a pure 9 anyway as he is capable of providing intelligent assists and works hard in buid up play. The problem is though which club to loan him to Valencia and Atletico already have big stikers who will we difficult to displace, I would go with Udinese If they win their play off they will have champions league football and they have finished 4th and 3rd in the last 2 seasons, they have Di Natale but other wise their forward line is pretty poor and although they may be looking develop their own players I think they will take him on loan if it gives them a good chance of higher league finish, CL and more cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.