Give Eastlands its Kippax

danburge82 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The club can't move the away fans due to the location of the away coach park.

The kippax died the day standing was abolished. There is a romanticised version of the Kippax since then.

It was crap for many years after, most of the lads went in the North and Main Stand.

Whatever the compromises, football fans have changed. There are two generations who think 'whose the faggot in the pink?' represents a cllective mass of support.

But we've got to look forward and change what I think is the worst part about our club. I honestly think it's terrible that we have two shit efforts that aren't worth being part of, 1500 in each, either side of the away fans. I feel strongly about it. I've written to the club about I in the past.

When the Commonwealth Games stadium had that open end with three temporary stands, whoever was in charge of stadium development missed out in the biggest opportunity to give vocal supporters a big fuck off stand at the North Stand end. It didn't happen and now we're lumbered with this shit, and I do think it's honestly shit and compared to the likes I've posted previously a few pages ago, a bit embarrassing!

Fuck the away coaches, at the biggest stadiums I've been to in this country (Old Trafford, St James' Park, Stadium of Light), as an away fan you are just let out with the masses if home supporters whether the coach park is through a herd of them or not.

Hear Hear!

We need to make the club aware of the fans ideas.
Has anyone got contacts with anybody at City?

I agree needs sorting !
chinley blues said:
i was always in the kippax in my early years, all standing with a bit to the left segregated, before the fence it was just a line of police, great days and great atmosphere.
we need the south stand to be our fans only, to see the whole of the south stand
doing the poznan, wow, plus, if like me you visit other forums we are getting a bit of a name for the poznan, some other fans say we are bringing a better atmosphere to thier ground, well lets bring this to ours.
one south stand, full of blues. GET THIS DONE CITY

Blue-Eyes said:
I think we, or should I say the club, need to address this. As simplistic as it sounds, the club have to do this and make it happen. Once the logisitics of moving the away support is done, then the fans can get involved and make the atmosphere that we (and i'm sure the players) want.

For me, the best and most logical solution is to reallocate the away fans to blocks 111, 211 and 212 - effectively giving the away fans the "South East Corner".
Our fans in 111 move across to 113, 114 and 115 and the fans in 211 and 212 move across to 213, 214 and 215.

39_SeatinePlan.gif

The fans wanting to have "banter" with the away can still have it and all of our vocal support will have the whole of the South Stand.

^^^Mostly This^^^

Although I'm not sure they would allow East Level 3 City fans sat directly above the away fans for every match. Maybe they could sit in 112, 113, 212 & 213.

This still leaves the away fans close enough to the coaches so gets round any security concerns for the Police.

That would give us most of the South Stand and Corner of Colin Bell Stand for the singers. This would create a much louder noise and better atmosphere.

Surely MCFC need to take this on board? This thread has been running ages, have MCFC ever provided a response?

parkerblue said:
jrb said:
It can't be done because of the current layout of the stadium. All options have been looked at by the club. It is in essence a dead duck.

However, if the stadium was expanded then it can and probably will be done. But only then.

The club are aware of the clamour for this to happen from the fans. And I'm sure they'd like to see a Kop styled end at COMS as well.

Why mate? Not being arsey I genuinely dont know the reasons. How would expansion solve these issues too?

No problem.

When this was first discussed in ernest on BM I put a few ideas forward. Not Long after I got an invite by Danny Wilson to meet him.(I'm sure he won't mind me posting that)

He kindly went through a lengthy presentation(laptop/screen/bullet points/diagrams, etc) explaining why the away fans can't be moved. There are numerous reasons, but the main ones being, the location of the entrances and exits, access to amenities, H&S issues, policing, etc.

The club have looked into this in detail, talking to the various authorities and looking at every possible scenario. Unfortunately it just couldn't be done.

However, if the stadium is eventually expanded, reloacting the away fans will be one of the main considerations. And so will giving a whole end of the expanded stadium to City's vocal support. :-)

Re: Away Fans

Whitworth Park said:
You can basically put away fan's anywhere you want within reason.
Put them on level 3, just like Newcastle.
Just need the Police presence and a few barriers outside.

the stand is'nt big enough.

I'm sorry, I simply can't accept that it isn't possible to move away fans to the south east corner. It might be 'inconvenient' for the club or the council, but certainly do able.
How come it's possible to have away car parks on the other side of the ground in some places, but it's not possible for it to be 200yards away at ours? the poznan game proved that actually it is possible.

Another advantage of moving the away fans to the south east corner its that since there would be a spiral just for them, (spiral J with city fans using the other 3) the third tier could be used for big cup allocations without changing the entrance away fans use.

what about having it in the east stand it is 3 tiers big and would be a great atmosphere!

north stand is the family stand dont think they would be please tbh! them being moved i dont sit there btw i sit in the east stand :)

greeny-ctid said:
what about having it in the east stand it is 3 tiers big and would be a great atmosphere!

north stand is the family stand dont think they would be please tbh! them being moved i dont sit there btw i sit in the east stand :)
No chance. Thre's a corporate area in the middle.

Think we need to be realistic, the away fans currently get all 114, 113, 213, 214 and half of 115, 112, 215 and 212. Which means we would need to give them 110, 111, 112, 113 and the same again above to sort segregation. Still possible though move 110,111,211 and 212 into 114, 115, 214 and 215. Would give us nearly the full end change the fecibg outside will Defo work!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.