Give me this forever !

Top post, Guy.

I was watching the match last night, thinking "Fuck me, how can anyone ignore how fucking good we are?" in relation to all the shit thrown our way in the press.

If that 5th goal, which had 26 passes leading up to it, had been scored by Bayern or Barca, it would be all over the TV - or Negredo's sublime finish for the first for that matter.

And then remember that we once had the likes of John Macken and Antoine Sibierski as our number 9 and 10 not so long ago.

It's fucking great to watch.

Forza Pellegrini!! ;-)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We'd win the World Cup!
LOLD.

One reason I am indifferent to the national team is the despair at failure in '86 and '90. That's not me being a mard arse gloryhunter, I just only had enough room for so much disappointment in my heart and City filled that allocation snugly. For decades.

Sometimes I have entertained the thought that I wish the sheikh had come in during the 1990's and we had been spared all that shit from that decade but objectively, the success now would all be that little less sweeter. Although I wonder if it's a bit silly of me to be a near middle aged man to break down in tears of joy at winning the F.A cup that day. Utterly losing control of my composure when Sergio slotted that goal in against Q.P.R and, again, weeping, smiling experiencing what was actual elation at real success following City. Everything else simply came nowhere near. Yes it was good to come back against Gillingham in '99 infact the two games were very similar in the spectrums of feeling felt throughout the game.

I'll take the end result of 2012 over 1999 any day of the week and like Vinny said, not like that ever again. My ticker might not handle it and I want to see us stamp our way to the summit this year to reflect the quality of just what the team has done this season (We've averaged 4 goals a game at home this season)

Long may it continue.

The Flash said:
Top post, Guy.

I was watching the match last night, thinking "Fuck me, how can anyone ignore how fucking good we are?" in relation to all the shit thrown our way in the press.

If that 5th goal, which had 26 passes leading up to it, had been scored by Bayern or Barca, it would be all over the TV - or Negredo's sublime finish for the first for that matter.

And then remember that we once had the likes of John Macken and Antoine Sibierski as our number 9 and 10 not so long ago.

It's fucking great to watch.

Forza Pellegrini!! ;-)

It defo beats watching another team in sky blue (coventry) stay up at our expense doesn't it mate hehe :D

Ive been going since 75, therefore obvioulsy by far the best ive ever seen. I benchmarked it with my uncle. he was at Newcastle when we won the league and in Vienna. So i trust his word. He said Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Young and Pardoe attcking were absolutely brillaint, however this current team is by far the best he has ever witnessed.

long may it continue

We are now at a stage where everyone is taking note of our performances, and no one would want to play us. With the 6-1 a couple of years back, we only really tore them apart in the final 10 minutes. However now with the regularity that we are tearing the best defences apart, results like this are no longer classed as freakish, but are becoming expected by people that do not follow the club like we do. City are finally up there where the owners wanted them to be, on a level with Barca and Real et all.

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We'd win the World Cup!
LOLD.

One reason I am indifferent to the national team is the despair at failure in '86 and '90. That's not me being a mard arse gloryhunter, I just only had enough room for so much disappointment in my heart and City filled that allocation snugly. For decades.

Sometimes I have entertained the thought that I wish the sheikh had come in during the 1990's and we had been spared all that shit from that decade but objectively, the success now would all be that little less sweeter. Although I wonder if it's a bit silly of me to be a near middle aged man to break down in tears of joy at winning the F.A cup that day. Utterly losing control of my composure when Sergio slotted that goal in against Q.P.R and, again, weeping, smiling experiencing what was actual elation at real success following City. Everything else simply came nowhere near. Yes it was good to come back against Gillingham in '99 infact the two games were very similar in the spectrums of feeling felt throughout the game.

I'll take the end result of 2012 over 1999 any day of the week and like Vinny said, not like that ever again. My ticker might not handle it and I want to see us stamp our way to the summit this year to reflect the quality of just what the team has done this season (We've averaged 4 goals a game at home this season)

Long may it continue.

I turn 40 later this year and there were people on the row behind me who thought it both weird and hilarious that I was crying like a baby when we won the FA Cup, they just didn't seem to get it.

Perhaps it is a generational thing, but the FA Cup win validated every year my dad took my from the age of three, and to have him sat next to me, he knew deep down the amount of false dawns City had inflicted upon me.

I really want to experience the title again because it sort of washed over me on the day, I failed to live in the moment, despite going bat-shit crazy, it just sort of happened.

It's absolutley incredible stuff at the moment ... 92 goals in half a season !? There honestly isn't a better team in the world to watch/support at the moment, and that includes Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, etc.
And for my first 35 years of watching City, I never thought I'd ever be saying that !

I keep having to explain to my kids that no supporters in the world can expect to just turn-up each week and see their team win 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, etc. That today will be an off-day. It could be a poor nil-nil or even a 0-1 defeat.

But every week, City prove me wrong. My kids are being spoilt rotten !

Apart from the brilliant football we are playing I must comment on the togetherness of the team.

When you see the players on the various videos, such as tunnel cam and in training, there seems to be such a happy and relaxed atmosphere amongst the group as a whole.

br62 said:
Apart from the brilliant football we are playing I must comment on the togetherness of the team.

When you see the players on the various videos, such as tunnel cam and in training, there seems to be such a happy and relaxed atmosphere amongst the group as a whole.

Agreed, when was the last time we heard of a bust up in the squad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.