Give me this forever !

tolmie's hairdoo said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We'd win the World Cup!
LOLD.

One reason I am indifferent to the national team is the despair at failure in '86 and '90. That's not me being a mard arse gloryhunter, I just only had enough room for so much disappointment in my heart and City filled that allocation snugly. For decades.

Sometimes I have entertained the thought that I wish the sheikh had come in during the 1990's and we had been spared all that shit from that decade but objectively, the success now would all be that little less sweeter. Although I wonder if it's a bit silly of me to be a near middle aged man to break down in tears of joy at winning the F.A cup that day. Utterly losing control of my composure when Sergio slotted that goal in against Q.P.R and, again, weeping, smiling experiencing what was actual elation at real success following City. Everything else simply came nowhere near. Yes it was good to come back against Gillingham in '99 infact the two games were very similar in the spectrums of feeling felt throughout the game.

I'll take the end result of 2012 over 1999 any day of the week and like Vinny said, not like that ever again. My ticker might not handle it and I want to see us stamp our way to the summit this year to reflect the quality of just what the team has done this season (We've averaged 4 goals a game at home this season)

Long may it continue.

I turn 40 later this year and there were people on the row behind me who thought it both weird and hilarious that I was crying like a baby when we won the FA Cup, they just didn't seem to get it.

Perhaps it is a generational thing, but the FA Cup win validated every year my dad took my from the age of three, and to have him sat next to me, he knew deep down the amount of false dawns City had inflicted upon me.

I really want to experience the title again because it sort of washed over me on the day, I failed to live in the moment, despite going bat-shit crazy, it just sort of happened.

Fully agree Tolm.

I was 48 and crying at Wembley my son came down from the back of the stand and we hugged. A beautiful moment for the pain we'd both suffered and for my dad RIP who didn't quite manage to see us past the early roots of recovery.

Fuck me I'm in work and filling up again.

its not just the goals were scoring its the way the team still press and close opposing players down forcing mistakes ,even at 4-0,5-0 the team carries on to a man,heres hoping we win the league cup in march ,and carry on to more success and the league title by a romp

tangaroa said:
Agree with everything you said, Guy. Top post!

I'm just wondering if it feels all the sweeter because of the fiasco that's unfolding at the Swamp?
Don't think so, that's more of an amusing sideshow for the days we're not playing.

tangaroa said:

I'm just wondering if it feels all the sweeter because of the fiasco that's unfolding at the Swamp?

Oh it makes it much sweeter however i was fully prepared to see them as direct rivals for the foreseeable future.
The fact they are at least down this season and probably next at least is great though.
My old dad has had his fill of glory as a red and is i think happy for me and the league getting shaken up.
He is still well pissed off though :D

I have to say though, as a 45 year-old veteran viewer of many a shocking City performance, that I don't think I've ever seen any City side capitulate in the way that West Ham did last night. We've been appalling at times over the years but there's always been a fight in the team and a bit of respect for the shirt.
I'm no fan of big Sam but his players really let him down in that match. If I was a West Ham fan I'd have been absolutely livid at the lack of grit and effort that they showed

aguero93:20 said:
tangaroa said:

Don't think so, that's more of an amusing sideshow for the days we're not playing.

That is a better analogy, like a an extra cherry on your bowl of your fav ice cream when you already have 3 :D

Remember as a young lad watching Bell, Lee, Summerbee and the like and worrying about what would follow when that team broke up. Well it did and as we all know now it was forty years of mostly dross ( lots of good times but lots of dross). Had the same thought last night but now I can only see us getting better and better, I think we are the real chosen ones, just wish I was a lot younger. The club is only going in one direction and I don't think the rest of the football world realize how big this club is going to be, as the saying goes you ain't seen nothing yet.

TCIB said:
aguero93:20 said:
tangaroa said:

That is a better analogy, like a an extra cherry on your bowl of your fav ice cream when you already have 3 :D
Yep, another thing about the swamp goblin and his rats, is that stopping them from winning trophies in 2011 and 2012 was every bit as sweet, if not sweeter, than watching their demise (fingers crossed) this season. However the flip side was the pain of last season and I could do without that.

melons said:
I have to say though, as a 45 year-old veteran viewer of many a shocking City performance, that I don't think I've ever seen any City side capitulate in the way that West Ham did last night. We've been appalling at times over the years but there's always been a fight in the team and a bit of respect for the shirt.
I'm no fan of big Sam but his players really let him down in that match. If I was a West Ham fan I'd have been absolutely livid at the lack of grit and effort that they showed

Boro away in Sven's reign ?

I know what you mean though :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.