Give me this forever !

Big Dave Watson said:
melons said:
I have to say though, as a 45 year-old veteran viewer of many a shocking City performance, that I don't think I've ever seen any City side capitulate in the way that West Ham did last night. We've been appalling at times over the years but there's always been a fight in the team and a bit of respect for the shirt.
I'm no fan of big Sam but his players really let him down in that match. If I was a West Ham fan I'd have been absolutely livid at the lack of grit and effort that they showed

Boro away in Sven's reign ?

I know what you mean though :-)

Fair point ! I'd magically erased that one from my memory !

melons said:
I have to say though, as a 45 year-old veteran viewer of many a shocking City performance, that I don't think I've ever seen any City side capitulate in the way that West Ham did last night. We've been appalling at times over the years but there's always been a fight in the team and a bit of respect for the shirt.
I'm no fan of big Sam but his players really let him down in that match. If I was a West Ham fan I'd have been absolutely livid at the lack of grit and effort that they showed

Last night was about how good City were, not how bad West Ham were. We made them that bad.

melons said:
Big Dave Watson said:
melons said:

What about as recently as the FA Cup final...

Top quality, attacking football. Tons of goals.
Great players, great squad. All happy and working for the team.
On the verge of another cup final, and drawn against Barcelona in the Champions League.
Premier League favourites, and still in all 4 competitions. All this with the rags lingering in mid-table.
Great stadium, and getting better (and bigger) and a brand new multi-million pound academy complex.
Billions in the bank, with talk of Messi as a transfer target.
And, importantly, the hierarchy of the club is as competent and reliable as any in the world: Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Ferran, Txiki and Pellegrini.

Life is good. I am more than content.

But the club won't be, there is always room to improve and we will always have the ambition.

I must admit, I'm randomly wondering around humming Hey Jude to myself much more than usual.

IrelandSuperman said:
melons said:
Big Dave Watson said:

What about as recently as the FA Cup final...

We played our game that day but were off form and disappointing but I don't think there was a lack of effort. In fairness Wigan worked really hard and were tenacious and frustrated us which is exactly what WH should have done last night.

I'm 38 so the FA cup final v Stoke was my first taste of a true trophy. I too cried at Wembley for that one like a baby. I honestly thought that the play off final in 99 was going to be the closest I'd ever get to seeing us win anything.

At the match yesterday I was just grinning from ear to ear. Not necessarily when the goals were going in but just everything. At one point (I think in the 1st half) it was just one touch passing in the centre of the pitch in midfield for about a minute before it broke into an attack and I just turned to my dad and said "can you actually believe what we are watching these days" - he didnt hear me but I could tell by the look and smile on his face (he's usually a miserable sod) that he was thinking the same

kun said:
Top quality, attacking football. Tons of goals.
Great players, great squad. All happy and working for the team.
On the verge of another cup final, and drawn against Barcelona in the Champions League.
Premier League favourites, and still in all 4 competitions. All this with the rags lingering in mid-table.
Great stadium, and getting better (and bigger) and a brand new multi-million pound academy complex.
Billions in the bank, with talk of Messi as a transfer target.
And, importantly, the hierarchy of the club is as competent and reliable as any in the world: Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Ferran, Txiki and Pellegrini.

Life is good. I am more than content.

But the club won't be, there is always room to improve and we will always have the ambition.
Well summed up.

Listening to the many phone - ins after last nights game , it struck me how many people agreed that the most important thing in today's football world is staying in the PL because of the money it brings in to all the clubs' coffers.
I also heard many callers saying how easy it is to win things if you "spend as much as City have done"and can put out a team of world class players.this of course is "ruining football" for everyone else!
This got me to thinking - why is there so much money to be had in the premier league, and where does it come from?
The answer is simple - it is the huge tv revenues that are pumped into the PL , of which every club gets a share irrespective of their squad quality or depth . So why are these revenues so huge? Again the answer is simple - they are huge because people all over the world are willing to pay handsomely to watch PL games . But it's not because they want to watch West Ham or Stoke or Fulham , it's because they want to watch top quality players like Aguero , YaYa , Silva , Negredo !
So when the fans and management of these clubs slate us for having a wealthy owner prepared to spend his own money on the future of this club as well as its present, they would do well to think of the knock-on benefits that they receive as a result of his generosity and business acumen , and they should have thought a lot more seriously about voting for a domestic version of FFP if they thought it was going to slow down or even strangle our huge expansion.
Football , to survive , needs wealth creators - that's what City is now - not just for ourselves but for the rest of the league aswell.
Just needed to get that off my chest before agreeing whole-heartedly - isn't it just brilliant where we are now!?!?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.