Give me this forever !

the mancini title year we played some superb footy , scum , spuds away etc , but MP has taken this to another level , i always believed our '68 side would never be beaten for teamwork , effort , skill , tactics , (Malcolm Allison WAS a football genius) , But after 50 years ups , downs and more downs , this team is the best i have seen , if we can alleviate any lingering doubts about our away form , it will surpass our Bell,Lee,Summerbee team .Keep on telling my grandson hes a jammy little sod , watching a team like this , after all the crap me and his dad had to put up with , never been a better time to be a blue.

Ban-jani said:
I think back to Blackburn away in 2007 FA cup quarters. At that point I knew I'd never see City win anything.
An old man at the bar in this pub I was in started saying "I've watched City for years, now I've finally had enough",
he then broke out into singing "glory glory Man Utd", my dad replied with "who the fuck are Man Utd!?"
Before telling the old rat to never return to Eastlands.

I sometimes wonder where we'd be without the true City fans, even in Pearce's last god awful season,
we were just below 40k. There's 35-40k of us who deserve everything that's coming to us.

And a few more of us that never gave up supporting the team, even though we moved 12,000 miles away. I can remember as far back as us signing Rodney Marsh, so have suffered many slim years only being able to follow via the Internet in the late 90's.

I think the side has reached the stage where we can attract the best talent without the over-inflated pay packets as before, most top players would want to be involved with a team that performs such as were do now.

Ban-jani said:
I think back to Blackburn away in 2007 FA cup quarters. At that point I knew I'd never see City win anything.
An old man at the bar in this pub I was in started saying "I've watched City for years, now I've finally had enough",
he then broke out into singing "glory glory Man Utd", my dad replied with "who the fuck are Man Utd!?"
Before telling the old rat to never return to Eastlands.

I sometimes wonder where we'd be without the true City fans, even in Pearce's last god awful season,
we were just below 40k. There's 35-40k of us who deserve everything that's coming to us.

The faithful were falling away fast when we were taken over. I remember the first home game of the 2008 season, a few weeks before the takeover. We had west ham and it was half empty in the Colin bell upper. I remember my dad saying "this is an absolute disaster", meaning the crowd. I think it was about 35k. I knew lads who'd been right through the shit years who'd given up hope, and were simply bored with the match day experience and the yawning future of mediocrity.

I reckon we were saved just in time. We'd be a relegation-fighting team with a massive debt playing to a silent crowd of 28.000 by now.

After all the dosh that is coning out of one's bank account at present a very little part of me wishes that we were shite again !.

melons said:
I have to say though, as a 45 year-old veteran viewer of many a shocking City performance, that I don't think I've ever seen any City side capitulate in the way that West Ham did last night. We've been appalling at times over the years but there's always been a fight in the team and a bit of respect for the shirt.
I'm no fan of big Sam but his players really let him down in that match. If I was a West Ham fan I'd have been absolutely livid at the lack of grit and effort that they showed
2-5 at home to Spuds in FA Cup quarter final in '93, 6-0 at Anfield in '95 and 2-0 at Blackburn in the cup under Pearce are just three that spring to mind

Gingers Dad said:
melons said:
I have to say though, as a 45 year-old veteran viewer of many a shocking City performance, that I don't think I've ever seen any City side capitulate in the way that West Ham did last night. We've been appalling at times over the years but there's always been a fight in the team and a bit of respect for the shirt.
I'm no fan of big Sam but his players really let him down in that match. If I was a West Ham fan I'd have been absolutely livid at the lack of grit and effort that they showed
2-5 at home to Spuds in FA Cup quarter final in '93, 6-0 at Anfield in '95 and 2-0 at Blackburn in the cup under Pearce are just three that spring to mind
The 8-1 at Middlesbrough; protest performance or not, intended or not, that WAS capitulation.

Going to put a dampner on all this, When is our manager going to get his fucking hair cut. !

jimharri said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think the 1st September 2018 will be the day when we can sit back and truly appreciate our good fortune.

Not just because of the riches that have come our way, but because we will be able to look at us, where we'll find ourselves - then cast our eyes at Chelsea - another "moneyed" club and the contrast will be remarkable.

Our first game after after the takeover was against them. They were something we aspired to be. Ten years on from that point, without the rampant egomania of their owner which diminishes the effectiveness of every pound he invests, we will be a bigger and better force than them in every meaningful way : our stadium, infrastructure, marketing, branding, academy, commercial arm, senior management and playing personnel are all areas where we will discernibly outmuscle and outshine them.

The "project", much derided at the time, has been, and will continue to be, delivered with ruthless efficiency. Not just because of the sums invested, but the planning that's gone hand in hand with it.

We are truly blessed.
Why; what's going to happen then?

;-)
Does that provide enough of a clue, jim? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.