Give me this forever !

It was the way we won the title that is truly amazing for me, and I still find myself grinning when it comes to mind. From being a nipper I always had a fantasy about beating them, but never being sure whether it would be best to beat them in the final game of the season at the death and not only win the title but also relegate them at the same time, or, beat them in the final game at the death but coming from behind and taking the title by a point (never thought about goooooolaaaaaaaa diff.). I reasoned that whatever would cause them the most discomfort would suit me sir. Anyway, I still can't really believe "this" is happening. "This" happens to other people, but to us? I hope I never get used to it tbh.

Pathetic ! Don't any of you read the papers ? We are not playing any better than we did under Pearce. It's all the other teams not trying. They all drop their standards, we are lucky to catch them on an off day. We havn't played a proper football team yet.

I'm glad the OP is feeling happy as indeed we all are at the prospect of picking up some more silverware this year.

But the proof of the pudding's in the eating. It's great walking away from games glowing with pride at how we've destroyed the opposition playing beautiful football and bagging half a dozen goals but it doesn't mean shit unless we win something

In an ideal world yes I'd want our squad to be happy and smiling but again it really doesn't mean shit unless we win something. I don't buy into all this happy smiley touchy feely let's not upset the tea lady or our underperforming striker bollocks. They're elite professional sportsmen, whether they're managed by an ogre or a more sensitive soul shouldn't make any difference.

Imo we have to win the league this season or get a higher points total than last season to justify the close season shake up.

Santiago Street . said:
In an ideal world yes I'd want our squad to be happy and smiling but again it really doesn't mean shit unless we win something. I don't buy into all this happy smiley touchy feely let's not upset the tea lady or our underperforming striker bollocks. They're elite professional sportsmen, whether they're managed by an ogre or a more sensitive soul shouldn't make any difference.

I'm afraid that's a comment which proves you have no knowledge of management and no knowledge of professional sports.

A double whammy of ignorance, if you like...

Of course i want to see the trophies in the cabinet but imo with how we are going these will come along with it.
You are right winning is very important as that is what keeps the vibe going and our name is etched there forever.

Santiago Street . said:
I'm glad the OP is feeling happy as indeed we all are at the prospect of picking up some more silverware this year.

But the proof of the pudding's in the eating. It's great walking away from games glowing with pride at how we've destroyed the opposition playing beautiful football and bagging half a dozen goals but it doesn't mean shit unless we win something

Imo we have to win the league this season or get a higher points total than last season to justify the close season shake up.

Absolute bollocks and shortsighted- what's been implemented is the foundation for years to come, should we fail to win anything, which we won't, it will be ironed out and we'll come again

Oh and that 'happy, smiley' team is why the very few last doubters can see why Mancini was replaced, you'll get there, it just drops quicker for some!

Santiago Street . said:

Jesus Fucking CHRIST!

Are you related to Victor Meldrew???!

I think back to Blackburn away in 2007 FA cup quarters. At that point I knew I'd never see City win anything.
An old man at the bar in this pub I was in started saying "I've watched City for years, now I've finally had enough",
he then broke out into singing "glory glory Man Utd", my dad replied with "who the fuck are Man Utd!?"
Before telling the old rat to never return to Eastlands.

I sometimes wonder where we'd be without the true City fans, even in Pearce's last god awful season,
we were just below 40k. There's 35-40k of us who deserve everything that's coming to us.

Santiago Street . said:

they're also human beings and i'm afraid management makes the world of difference, no matter your profession. For you sir, -1

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Santiago Street . said:

Absolute bollocks and shortsighted- what's been implemented is the foundation for years to come, should we fail to win anything, which we won't, it will be ironed out and we'll come again

Oh and that 'happy, smiley' team is why the very few last doubters can see why Mancini was replaced, you'll get there, it just drops quicker for some!

-- Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 pm --

Santiago Street . said:

I think of kevin and perry... when kevins parents are good hes no trouble..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.