Give me this forever !

gordondaviesmoustache said:
jimharri said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think the 1st September 2018 will be the day when we can sit back and truly appreciate our good fortune.

Not just because of the riches that have come our way, but because we will be able to look at us, where we'll find ourselves - then cast our eyes at Chelsea - another "moneyed" club and the contrast will be remarkable.

Our first game after after the takeover was against them. They were something we aspired to be. Ten years on from that point, without the rampant egomania of their owner which diminishes the effectiveness of every pound he invests, we will be a bigger and better force than them in every meaningful way : our stadium, infrastructure, marketing, branding, academy, commercial arm, senior management and playing personnel are all areas where we will discernibly outmuscle and outshine them.

The "project", much derided at the time, has been, and will continue to be, delivered with ruthless efficiency. Not just because of the sums invested, but the planning that's gone hand in hand with it.

We are truly blessed.
Why; what's going to happen then?

;-)
Does that provide enough of a clue, jim? :-)
Fair point, actually. Now, about those lottery numbers for saturday night.....

baildon blue said:
I agree . But can we keep it up ? . I just pray we don't get anymore injuries .
Our second half of the season can't be worse for injuries than the first, and with Jovetic, Rodwell and Richards coming back and the possibility of new signings (Mangala/Shaw/de Jong) our squad will be bolstered even more.

So far we have had:
Long term (8 weeks >): Jovetic, Nasri, Kompany, Rodwell
Medium term (4-8 weeks): Aguero, Silva, Nastasic, Demichelis, Richards, Guidetti
Short term (< 4 weeks): Kolarov, Clichy, Zabaleta, Navas, Yaya
Suspensions: Boyata, Silva

In 40 odd years of supporting this marvellous club, this is without doubt the best football I have seen and not only do I love it, I want more, and more, and more. I don't think that most of us started supporting City for the glory, but by God we deserve this.

Love it. Fucking love it.

kun said:
baildon blue said:
I agree . But can we keep it up ? . I just pray we don't get anymore injuries .
Our second half of the season can't be worse for injuries than the first, and with Jovetic, Rodwell and Richards coming back and the possibility of new signings (Mangala/Shaw/de Jong) our squad will be bolstered even more.

So far we have had:
Long term (8 weeks >): Jovetic, Nasri, Kompany, Rodwell
Medium term (4-8 weeks): Aguero, Silva, Nastasic, Demichelis, Richards, Guidetti
Short term (< 4 weeks): Kolarov, Clichy, Zabaleta, Navas, Yaya
Suspensions: Boyata, Silva

The thing for me is that we've had these injuries yet in spite of them we've improved defensively and still maintained an average of 3 goals per game.

kippax81 said:
In 40 odd years of supporting this marvellous club, this is without doubt the best football I have seen and not only do I love it, I want more, and more, and more. I don't think that most of us started supporting City for the glory, but by God we deserve this.

I couldn't agree more Kippax. I have also completed well over 40 years following this great club, and here I have to stay up until 3am to watch a Saturday match..............love it!!!!

Agree with most of the sentiments and values expressed throughout this thread and I am just trying to make sure I experience and enjoy as much of it as I can. The thing that amazes me is that I don't even feel as though I am being ripped off by the club with the prices they charge. Value for money is actually outstanding and only part of the overall "Holistic" approach that undoubtedly exits at City at present. Remember how everybody reacted to the first use of that word. May I suggest we are just about to score our first "Holistic Ton" Well done the entire City TEAM. And Thank YOU>

kippax81 said:

can say that again, im getting near 40yrs, all those yrs of pain watching us crumble, but now we back and never in my wildest dreams all those years ago imagine what we have become today and your right, not only does the club deserve it, but all those fans that went through the pain week in week out

we were talking on the tram back from the game last night about the dark dark days of the clubs recent past and we all agreed that every one of them dark days were worth it if the payoff was the team we have now.

I was fortunate enough as a kid to see the great side of the late sixties and early seventies play but in my opinion the current side are a giant step up.

This side contains genuine world class players and the rest are good enough to make it into any ones squad

Last night was a master class in ruthless finishing and whilst the first half wasn't the best we've played the second half was amazing

I knew just how bad the Blackburn fans must have felt when we took off the beast only to replace him with Sergio OMG

long may this feeling continue the club seems to have got most things very right at the moment a board that understands the fans a manager that has a balls out attacking philosophy and a team that has great camaraderie and plays with a smile on its face
oh yes and plans in place to make the club truly one of Europe's if not the worlds elite clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.