Given or Hart

I aren't sure Hart's comments are actually as bad as they're being made out to be?

What's he actually said, that he should have been Englands no.1 in the WC? No shit!! How Capello thought that fuck up Green and wayward James were better God only knows?

All the lad has said is that he wants to be No.1 for City. Fair play in my book.

joe hart all the way for me. for those who are in any doubt go and check the keeper stats of last season for the pair. think the mirror have them on their website. A real eye opener.

when you think to what have to do the GK of a great team , with a very strong defence in front of him , you have to agree his job is not to stop the shot. because there are not but maybe one or two shot in a full game.
but this GK has to be sure of him and has to give the feel of safety and quitness to the team. he has to be good in the air and he has to command the defense , has to be composite , has to distribute the ball with some good feet.

in a few words , thats all what Given isnt able to do and to be.

Mancio said:
when you think to what have to do the GK of a great team , with a very strong defence in front of him , you have to agree his job is not to stop the shot. because there are not but maybe one or two shot in a full game.
but this GK has to be sure of him and has to give the feel of safety and quitness to the team. he has to be good in the air and he has to command the defense , has to be composite , has to distribute the ball with some good feet.

The GK's job is not to stop the shot..funny that's what I thought they were there to do.

Hart's poor at comanding his defence, worse than Given, and if anyone has ever sat behind the goal that Given is in, they will tell you he has a set of lungs on him. He can shout all the orders he likes though, it does not matter one bit if the defenders don't do their job.

Given is a well trusted and very well respected and liked City player, where players have said time and time again they feel safe in front of him.

And as for his kick outs. He is given instructions, long or short kicks, whatever it is, and he follows that and kicks it to that position on the pitch, the ball is not made of metal and they pitch isn't a magnet. He can only kick it to an area, the same goes for every other keeper, it is up to the players to fight for the ball. The lack of physicality we show when trying to win the ball from the air is pathetic. And the best kicker in the world will not get our players the ball if they are not willing to fight for it and show for it. And we will see the exact same problems if Hart starts.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 pm --<br /><br />
billydavey said:
I aren't sure Hart's comments are actually as bad as they're being made out to be?

What's he actually said, that he should have been Englands no.1 in the WC? No shit!! How Capello thought that fuck up Green and wayward James were better God only knows?

All the lad has said is that he wants to be No.1 for City. Fair play in my book.

How has what he says got anything to do with England. He has basicaly said that he will fuck off somewhere else if he's not given the number one spot. Like it or lump it, that's pretty much what he's saying.

IrishMacca said:
How has what he says got anything to do with England. He has basicaly said that he will fuck off somewhere else if he's not given the number one spot. Like it or lump it, that's pretty much what he's saying.

This is what he actually said:

“All I have ever wanted to do is play games,” he said. “I wasn’t getting a chance at City and Birmingham gave me a chance.

“I’ve just turned up at City trying to do the best I can. I just want to play. If that’s not the case I’ll have to reconsider what’s going on. At the moment I’m just really concentrated on getting that number one spot.”

'Reconsider what's going on' isn't the same as 'If I'm not playing I'll fuck off somewhere else'.

If Given is having a stormer then fair play he deserves the number one spot and I'm sure Hart will acknowledge that.

If Given isn't playing great then why not give Hart his chance. He's certainly earned it.

Whilst I agree that hart deserves his chance, what has given done that means he deserves to be dropped as number one? It's a great position to be in where there are many reasons to support why they both deserve it... Wouldn't want mancinis job when he has to tell one of them that they ain't his number one!!! Unless as previously mentioned they do split them between league and cup games<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:04 pm --<br /><br />
Mancio said:

quite possibly the biggest load of shit I've had the misfortune to read on here! It doesn't even make sense!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.