Giving them the satisfaction...

It's a fairly obvious point but... All City need to do is win every League game and no one can stop them being PL Champions by at least 5 points!

The Chelsea game is an issue - it is important this game is played as scheduled. If not I'm certain Sky will want this to be played as close to the Manc derby and/or the end of season as possible. That will add extra pressure that we really don't need.

Having said that... it'll be interesting to see how Utd cope if City are a maximum of a point behind them with a game in hand for most of the weeks to come.

Gary James said:
It's a fairly obvious point but... All City need to do is win every League game and no one can stop them being PL Champions by at least 5 points!

The Chelsea game is an issue - it is important this game is played as scheduled. If not I'm certain Sky will want this to be played as close to the Manc derby and/or the end of season as possible. That will add extra pressure that we really don't need.

Having said that... it'll be interesting to see how Utd cope if City are a maximum of a point behind them with a game in hand for most of the weeks to come.

this^^
it could work to our advantage if we have the chelsea game in the bank for a later date being the later the better providing we keep above manure

marco said:
Gary James said:

this^^
it could work to our advantage if we have the chelsea game in the bank for a later date being the later the better providing we keep above manure

Not so sure, NEED to play now. They are all over the place and should they be dumped out by Napoli, it would be the perfect time to play them.

They need to bust a gut to turn it around and rather have points in the bank than a backlog of games in a short period of time.

I can't help being worried. They are just getting lucky results. Every time we get a deserved win, they scrape a lucky win, like yesterday. There's no way they would have won if Bale and Parker played. And that disallowed goal was a joke.

It will all come down the the derby, I think. Come on City.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
marco said:
Gary James said:

this^^

Not so sure, NEED to play now. They are all over the place and should they be dumped out by Napoli, it would be the perfect time to play them.

They need to bust a gut to turn it around and rather have points in the bank than a backlog of games in a short period of time.

I agree, play them now while they are still in disarray

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Don't.

I've let the last couple of United victories really affect my mood for a couple hours, just little things, the hope before the letdowns, etc.

Over analysing the potential scenarios, what points we might need.

However, it just all came to me in an absolute instant last night, and it was put to bed and might make life a little simpler.

That's exactly what they want, that's exactly how they try to gain an advantage.

Once I let my hatred of United come to the fore, everything else is easy street. Just refuse to let them have the satisfaction of getting one over you in terms of impacting your state of mind.

There is nothing we can do to influence their results. Worry about the things we can change.

I have control only over this and fellow blues can follow suit. Take away the points predictors, the stats and the form guides.

It really is as simple as one game at a time or we will drive ourselves mad, crippled by fear.

Boxers sometimes look past their next opponent because of the riches on offer, only to get sparked out.

This team of ours, perhaps we do them a great disservice. They really are something special and we just need to remember it during the peaks and troughs?

Their last two victories were far from convincing our last two were very convincing..

Not worried at all me..

Mr ice....

I agree that micro-analysis of all possible scores is just pointless brain strain - if all results were that predictable the bookies would be poor and we would all be rich.

As for the Chelsea game, I'd rather it be before the derby and ensure city win and keep the 2 point advantage going into the derby (other fuckups aside). In the derby match I want them lot to be in two minds about sit in or attack. If city go into the derby a point behind they will sit in (as they have done in previous years at arsenal and chelsea at crunch time). It's a harder game if they sit in (IMO) - I still make city favourites, but in an open match much moreso.

Squeeky bum time for me over the next 11 games, but I'm a fan. Sure the team and boss are keeping things cool. They need to catch us.

Just worried we don't burn key players out esp with Arsenal, Stoke, Newcastle as tough away games.

Fooking hate the RAGS but got to give them credit where it is due. Luck or no luck, we have a far better side than them but they are only 2 points behind us. Shows how poor this league really is this year.

crystal_mais said:
Fooking hate the RAGS but got to give them credit where it is due. Luck or no luck, we have a far better side than them but they are only 2 points behind us. Shows how poor this league really is this year.

It also shows how truly great City have been this season. Last year a decent run could have brought almost any of the top four the title (including City) at this stage of the season. This year City have broken/equalled lots of records and have left everyone else standing apart from Utd - so when the media and others praise the Reds we should all recognise that City have achieved more so far this season.

If Utd's record is champions-like then City's so far has been much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.