Glass Tunnel now taking shape

1-0 Gary Megson
Hollinwood to boundary Park Street of a thousand pubs

That was Megson's debut and the first of his two goals at City, the other being the lob in the 2-1 home win v Chelsea a couple of years later.

The 5-2 was Gerrard's debut before he made his name in Liverpool, and he looked very green that day.

1-0 Gary Megson
Hollinwood to boundary Park Street of a thousand pubs

Sat in my undies with my brother in his, stuck at the traffic lights at Crown Point on our way home from `Ginger`s` goal. The woman in her car on the outside lane must have wondered what on earth was going on. There was no time to explain the joys of City away in the Summer !

Sat in my undies with my brother in his, stuck at the traffic lights at Crown Point on our way home from `Ginger`s` goal. The woman in her car on the outside lane must have wondered what on earth was going on. There was no time to explain the joys of City away in the Summer !
I ended up in a pub playing pool in my boxer's against a lactic fan took him to the black ball to release I'd been in the Rochdale Road end

Should have put a cage in and let the away team come in, whilst the fans scream abuse and throw horses heads . Far more interesting than a load of fellas wearing earphones.

That was Megson's debut and the first of his two goals at City, the other being the lob in the 2-1 home win v Chelsea a couple of years later.

The 5-2 was Gerrard's debut before he made his name in Liverpool, and he looked very green that day.
It was White who scored the lob v Chelsea. Megson's goal was a chest down and volley from a long ball and flick on.

Also Steven Gerrard never played for Oldham. You may mean Paul Gerrard who ended up at Everton for a time.

It was White who scored the lob v Chelsea. Megson's goal was a chest down and volley from a long ball and flick on.

Also Steven Gerrard never played for Oldham. You may mean Paul Gerrard who ended up at Everton for a time.

Everton is in Liverpool hence in Liverpool not at Liverpool- it was end of season so they chucked him goals for his debut and we took advantage.

Probably the wettest I've ever been inside a ground.

The weather was crazy that day.

I remember that day. It was easy to spot City fans. We were the ones in tee shirts soaked to the skin. Oldham fans were dressed for Autumn. The grass embankment at the back was a mud bath on the way out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.