Glastonbury 2022 (Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar headlining)

Not much proper rock music this year, or in recent years., sadly dwindled away.

I'm not into Rap at all. The rest is mostly easy listening or pop. Herbie Hancock really??

Wolf Alice my favourite band this year by a mile. NGHFBs also OK. Blossoms OK ish.

Pet Shop Boys "back in the day" were never anyone's favourite band but they had hit after hit, and nearly everyone had at least one song they liked.
My favourite was always "West End Girls" but "Always on my Mind" was great too.
Even now, hearing one of their tracks, reminds me of walking into a nightclub and feeling like life's problems were left at the door ;-)
Got some tickets today for their tour next year. Superb last night

It won't change anything in the big picture. We are about to open a new coal mine in Cumbria. Mainly due to the area needing high quality jobs apparently.
That's not the reason. We need high grade coal for our steel industry. The alternative is to import it from you guessed it Russia.

Really pisses me off, those having a go at Paul McCartney…admittedly I love The Beatles and was a McCartney more than a Lennon fan, but no-one can deny he has been a genius over his musical life. At the end of the day, he was only playing this year, as he was due to do it a few years ago before COVID hit…give the guy a break…he could have used any manner of gadgets to make him sound better, but stayed true to his faith by playing live. He’s also 80 ffs and as you get older the voice goes…mine, at 68, is dogshit compared to what it was when I was 50 even…you don’t forget the songs though and that’s what people went for…my dad died just after his 80th after he was struck down with dementia a few years before, so he has done fantastically well to still look as good as he does…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.