Global IT outage

Turned up at my gp surgery for a much waited for 45 minute breathing test at 4pm (they cancelled it two months ago as she was off sick - and again didn't let any patients know, and didn't have any availability for two months) and yep it's cancelled, and they didn't let anyone know that everything is cancelled today as "we couldn't access anyone's numbers". Good to see they don't even keep a paper back up list of patients. Missed out on my injection due today too, so will be well overdue when they can no doubt fit me in. Just really annoyed as how did the surgery run in the 80s, they did tests and wrote it bloody down. So something I should've had in May wil l now end up in Sept. Just cos their computer system was down.
and yes I know I sound like an angry old moaner!!!!!
Practice I work at prints following days appointment lists so we opened today even though the medical system was down. Clinicians typed onto forms which will be entered into the system next week. I think most people try their best to provide some kind of service. Sorry to hear about your problems.

A bit later on yes, but started as a sysprog on 370s and 3090s.

Fond memories of the AS400, not sexy but a decent and flexible workhorse. With the smaller models that weren't rack mounted it used to always make me smile where customers found homes for them.
Just installing a new AS400 today... now called i-series!!

Crowdsource and Microsoft have just issued a joint statement putting the blame for the outage firmly at the feet of Phil Foden

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.