Global IT outage

Swear this happens every year, and every year people wet their knickers about an impending Sarah Connor dystopia.

Everything will be back to normal tomorrow morning.

You can’t be productive if all your work tools are broken.

I just think it’s a petty to make thousands of people do online training exercises that have no relevance to their job just to avoid giving them the afternoon off. Seems a bit snide.

Anyway (un)fortunately my job isn’t affected. I live in a Mac / Google Drive bubble.
It depends what the training exercises are and when they would otherwise be carried out. In ATC, if it was very quiet with live traffic, we would sometimes go into the simulator and practice procedures that would only get carried out in real life if the sh=t hit the fan. We would hope never to be in that situation but there was always a chance. This then opened up time on our rostered 6 monthly sim day to do other stuff. The time was rarely wasted even though at the time we probably felt the same way as your Mrs today.

To be honest I haven't noticed a single thing apart from what I'm reading on here and the news.

All my usual sites including Bluemoon work, everything worked at work, my PCs at home work fine (no Crowdstrike) and my dodgy IPTV service is working fine as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.