Global IT outage

Not MS afterall, looks like its a cyber security company called CloudStrike. sounds as though they did a driver update last night and its crashing windows machines at a kernel level.

Normally stuff like this would be done in a staged manor so issues wouldnt be so bad but it got pushed globally. If this is true its a fuck up of epic proportions.
That’s nuts!!!

I worked in an office in town at the time and we were getting phone calls and blokes coming to the office to offer their "technical expertise" to ensure all our computers and electrical items would be safe - and how the world will end if we don't.......

We all held our breath at midnight and ran to the kitchen to make sure the microwave still worked......

To be fair you don't know how much work was put in to ensure things didn't break.

It could've been a case that the work done leading up to the new millennium was a job well done and issues were largely mitigated.

Still blue screen looping mine, cba driving to Manchester to have it fixed, phone can go on silent I think.
it won't magically fix itself. it will require 'manual' fixing.

The fix is at the top of this reddit (as supplied by Crowdstrike's own man)

it won't magically fix itself. it will require 'manual' fixing.

The fix is at the top of this reddit (as supplied by Crowdstrike's own man)

I won't have the admin access to do it myself either, I'm keeping quiet till this afternoon haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.