Global Warming

twinkletoes said:
ElanJo said:
A suggestion:

(I'm not right wing nor am I a strong sceptic (or a better term - "denier" ... there's nothing wrong, and everything right, with being sceptical in general) of global warming. I think, judging from the actual science that it's still somewhat up in the air - pardon the pun)

Stop politicising science. If you actually understand global warming/climate change (especially to the point that you deem it "the single biggest threat to humanity") then take on the arguments and debunk them.

My opinion has a basis in fact whereas most of the debunkers are mostly bandwagon jumpers that will accept any evidence as long as it matches their particular views.

The only people trying to politicise science are the ones trying to undermine the evidence,
as the latest leaking of emails is a perfect example.

If anyone wishes to give me evidence which supports their view that human consumption hasn't had an influence on global warming then I am quite prepared to debate it with them.

What facts? Where are you reading these? Are you reading scientific papers? Who's?

The IPCC's position is that 'it is likely that humans have an impact on climate change'. Even they are giving possibilities, where are you getting direct, silver bullet evidence for it?

Damocles said:
twinkletoes said:
My opinion has a basis in fact whereas most of the debunkers are mostly bandwagon jumpers that will accept any evidence as long as it matches their particular views.

The only people trying to politicise science are the ones trying to undermine the evidence,
as the latest leaking of emails is a perfect example.

If anyone wishes to give me evidence which supports their view that human consumption hasn't had an influence on global warming then I am quite prepared to debate it with them.

What facts? Where are you reading these? Are you reading scientific papers? Who's?

The IPCC's position is that 'it is likely that humans have an impact on climate change'. Even they are giving possibilities, where are you getting direct, silver bullet evidence for it?

You misquote what the IPCC said (perhaps for point scoring). They said that it was "very likely" that global warming was caused by humans. Also one of the leading members of the IPCC said that we can be very confident that human activity has caused global warming to increase.

twinkletoes said:
Damocles said:

You misquote what the IPCC said (perhaps for point scoring). They said that it was "very likely" that global warming was caused by humans. Also one of the leading members of the IPCC said that we can be very confident that human activity has caused global warming to increase.

NO, REALLY:

9uub61.jpg

Don't accuse me of point scoring without actually looking it up yourself.

That's exactly what you were doing.

The IPCC issued a statement based on their findings which said that there was over a 90% probability that humans are responsible for global warming. They used the phrase "very likely" based on this probability.

twinkletoes said:

The IPCC issued a statement based on their findings which said that there was over a 90% probability that humans are responsible for global warming. They used the phrase "very likely" based on this probability.

Any actual evidence of this, or just two bit news reports? Do you want to go through the IPCC site and find me where they say this? Not a quote from such and such a person, I mean an official, documented, prediction?

Or, are you aware that the table above, IS FROM THE FUCKING IPCC SPM!

1040lrq.png

Damocles said:
twinkletoes said:

Any actual evidence of this, or this two bit news reports? Do you want to go through the IPCC site and find me where they say this? Not a quote from such and such a person, I mean an official, documented, prediction?

Now now Damocles put away your sword! You forget that he's been suckered in by all the hype. He can't admit to not having read the reports that would be tantamount to admitting blind faith.

Prince Charles and Al Gore are so worried about climate change that they have taken the emergency measure of telling everyone else to live frugally and to save energy.

Of course, they continue to live in luxury.

Most greens who harp on about the dangers of climate change are middle class and live quite a nice life in nice areas, with larger than average houses, more cars for themselves and their teenage kids, more foreign holidays, more consumer goods, more exotic food and more fine wines from far off places. All they are good at is telling everyone else not to expect these things. That'd be bad for the planet.

Governments love the man-made climate change theory as it can be used to justify huge tax rises. That's why nobody should trust any government paid scientist on the topic. These scientists know which side their bread is buttered. Nearly all the IPCC scientists are paid by governments.

Gelsons Dad said:
Damocles said:
Any actual evidence of this, or this two bit news reports? Do you want to go through the IPCC site and find me where they say this? Not a quote from such and such a person, I mean an official, documented, prediction?

Now now Damocles put away your sword! You forget that he's been suckered in by all the hype. He can't admit to not having read the reports that would be tantamount to admitting blind faith.

I thought perhaps I could have a proper debate instead of which you resort to playground bullying tactics. Saddos.

urmston said:
Prince Charles and Al Gore are so worried about climate change that they have taken the emergency measure of telling everyone else to live frugally and to save energy.

Most greens who harp on about the dangers of climate change are middle class and live quite a nice life in nice areas, with larger than average houses, more cars for themselves and their teenage kids, more foreign holidays, more consumer goods, more exotic food and more fine wines from far off places. All they are good at is telling everyone else not to expect these things. That'd be bad for the planet.

Governments love the man-made climate change theory as it can be used to justify huge tax rises. That's why nobody should trust any government paid scientist on the topic. These scientists know which side their bread is buttered. Nearly all the IPCC scientists are paid by governments.

Did you cut and paste this off the Daily Mail postbag?

twinkletoes said:
urmston said:

Did you cut and paste this off the Daily Mail postbag?

Why?

It's true wherever it comes from. Greens aren't green. They just tell others to be green. And how's that supposed to convince us that there really is a climate emergency?

Al Gore has a domestic energy bill 20 times as large as that of the average US person. And that's just at his home in Nashville. He has several other large houses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.