Global Warming

nickson71 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BWTAC said:
Being a man in the street, i'd say yes, but maybe not at the rate that some scientists have suggested and also, man no doubt has contributed to it speeding up, but looking at evidence through the ages, it seems to be a natural occurrance.
I'd pretty well agree with this.

given all the countries that have signed up to reducing carbon emissions and the whole "low carbon economy" there must be some compelling evidence that climate change is happening and we as a species are having a big impact on it.

just look at the investment in renewable energy, the up coming nuclear new build, the energy policy etc

as a country the Government estimates we need to invest 110 billion into new low carbon energy plants and the grid infrastructure just to hit 2020 targets

They are worried about our reliance on fossil fuels. That's something different entirely.

Damocles said:
Unknown_Genius said:
The way I see it, we can't carry on as we are now. We're very wasteful as a species, and the stuff we pump in the air is not healthy for it, and if we keep going this way, its not going to be a happy ending.

The problem is too many people (including myself) have the "aslong as its not in my lifetime, I don't care" attitude, so its very difficult to stop these harmful practices.

Is that yes to both or no to man made?

Its a yes to man made.

nickson71 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BWTAC said:
Being a man in the street, i'd say yes, but maybe not at the rate that some scientists have suggested and also, man no doubt has contributed to it speeding up, but looking at evidence through the ages, it seems to be a natural occurrance.

given all the countries that have signed up to reducing carbon emissions and the whole "low carbon economy" there must be some compelling evidence that climate change is happening and we as a species are having a big impact on it.

just look at the investment in renewable energy, the up coming nuclear new build, the energy policy etc

as a country the Government estimates we need to invest 110 billion into new low carbon energy plants and the grid infrastructure just to hit 2020 targets

That IMHO is just down to the fact that as a political party it doesn't matter if you are so far left or so far right if you don't have an "environmental policy" that agrees with Global warming being man made you are fucked regardless of the rest of your ideas.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
nickson71 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

They are worried about our reliance on fossil fuels. That's something different entirely.

Energy security does play a part

Is climate changing happening. Yes

Is it man made. Probably

Is it worth worrying about. No. Just plan accordingly.

Unfortunity givernaments are ncapable to planning accordingly and instead use it as an excuse to do whatever they like. Water charges me ass.

metalblue said:
Happy Feet said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
happening ... yes

man made.... no
Would agree.

Only this. Man may have sped up the process by a few decades but in the overall scheme of things I don't believe it has made any difference whatsoever and we can't stop it. Biggest scam ever.
Exactly this. It's a scam to put the price up on everything. How many taxes have we got now in the name of "going green"?

nickson71 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BWTAC said:

Fuck Co2 emissions we need to become energy independent as soon as possible. Oil is a finite resource and its running out and we need a replacement and soon. For me we want to go big on nuclear energy for production of electricity and hydrogen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.