Global Warming

markbmcfc said:
Don't know what the fuss is about, we're all gonna die of bad cat aids anyway.

Or too much red wine or too much red meat or too much fucking sex dependent on what scare story they want to peddle that week.

More harm is dont to the atmosphere from cows and pigs farting than anything else.
This isn`t man made. Its the natural cycle of the planet, however man isn`t helping. We are affecting it slightly but its gonna happen anyway.

Icebergs melting? Pah there actually increasing in size in some regions.

Fossil fuels are the real worry and why we need a fine balance of nuclear and wind/solar/tidal power to meet our future power needs.

If man is affecting anything its the oceans and our pursuit of every fish going. Its that affect on the balance of the oceans that will ultimately come back to bit us on the ass. That and Bees.

brand blue heavies said:
More harm is dont to the atmosphere from cows and pigs farting than anything else.
This isn`t man made. Its the natural cycle of the planet, however man isn`t helping. We are affecting it slightly but its gonna happen anyway.

Icebergs melting? Pah there actually increasing in size in some regions.

Fossil fuels are the real worry and why we need a fine balance of nuclear and wind/solar/tidal power to meet our future power needs.

If man is affecting anything its the oceans and our pursuit of every fish going. Its that affect on the balance of the oceans that will ultimately come back to bit us on the ass. That and Bees.

See the fossil fuel thing is being debunked now. According to research in the 80's and 90's we were supposed to be running dry in some places now. The fact is we haven't even reached peak oil in a lot of places and we discovering new oil fields and gas fields for fun at the moment

The oil is getting harder and harder to extract though so the costs will rise and rise. It is actually better to invest in sustainable energy. As much as I like to piss off ecomentalists, the argument about sustainable energy is perfectly valid.

Skashion said:
The oil is getting harder and harder to extract though so the costs will rise and rise. It is actually better to invest in sustainable energy. As much as I like to piss off ecomentalists, the argument about sustainable energy is perfectly valid.

Oh I believe we should invest more in sustainable energy. Tidal energy should be are way forward in the UK. Nothing wrong with using energy that will last forever and is cheaper to use.
I was reading that as long as oil is above £100 a barrel the petrol-chemical companies are more than happy to invest in new technology for extraction and exploration which is why there has been a big rise in oil discovery lately. Oil in many forms is still crucial to the world even if not for use as energy

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:

Oh I believe we should invest more in sustainable energy. Tidal energy should be are way forward in the UK. Nothing wrong with using energy that will last forever and is cheaper to use.
I was reading that as long as oil is above £100 a barrel the petrol-chemical companies are more than happy to invest in new technology for extraction and exploration which is why there has been a big rise in oil discovery lately. Oil in many forms is still crucial to the world even if not for use as energy

As Skashion has said although there are loads of untapped oil and gas for us to continue draining the actual means to extract it is getting harder and more dangerous. Fracking is now being looked at as the way forward to extract more natural gas but its expensive and nobody really knows if its dangerous or not. Like the film 'Chain Reaction' starring man like tree actor Keanu reeves we will one day extract hydrogen from water cheaply and safely and that will be the way forward but until then we need to invest in our nuclear and re-newable energy options. Tidal being an obvious one considering were an island.

brand blue heavies said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:

As Skashion has said although there are loads of untapped oil and gas for us to continue draining the actual means to extract it is getting harder and more dangerous. Fracking is now being looked at as the way forward to extract more natural gas but its expensive and nobody really knows if its dangerous or not. Like the film 'Chain Reaction' starring man like tree actor Keanu reeves we will one day extract hydrogen from water cheaply and safely and that will be the way forward but until then we need to invest in our nuclear and re-newable energy options. Tidal being an obvious one considering were an island.

USA has been fracking oil and gas for a few years now, it is still fairly new and is known to cause some minor tremors. We are sitting on a vast shale gas resource which would be great for our economy as well but people are still milling the fracking processes required. As i mentioned before the oil companies are more than happy to search and drill for this oil as long as the barrel is above $100

BoyBlue_1985 said:
twinkletoes said:
The way forward is electricity storage.

Thats a fairly wide spectrum which has been in use for a while as well, Dams etc

I am not sure what you are saying but I am talking about large scale energy storage.

What's also needed is a smart grid to distribute energy efficiently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.