Glory Glory in meltdown?

pudge said:
We made him look like Pele yesterday. I've never seen a player play so poorly and score 4 goals in a match before... I've never seen a player play so shite and bang in 4.
Did this guy watch the match?
Ah, yes. That's him. How do you even respond to such nonsense?

There was a great reply on here last week to a rag, sorry can't remember who posted it, but can be paraphrased as
"So spending millions on players is perfectly acceptable, but only up to and including the point at which the rags/dippers/Arsenal/Spurs (delete as appropriate) can compete?"

Re: Spurs forum not happy.......

Breaker said:
As a neutral, I see City playing some lovely football, but since I believe in the idea that football is a competition there is simply NO WAY any team like Spurs can EVER compete with a team funded as City are. So what really is the point of them competing in the same league?? As long as lowly teams can make a fist of being promoted up the pyramid, HOWEVER long it takes, it seems like a competition. This isn't....

I hope he feels the same way when Spuds go up against the likes of Wigan and Norwich.

Well if Wigan doesn't do the double over them again this year.

Wonder what he thought when Spurs battered Hearts 5nil on their own ground-did he spare a thought for the disparity in financial backing between the two teams?

The fact they played their youth team in the 2nd leg in front of their own fans showed that the cocky north london team showed little respect for either Hearts or their own paying supporters....

Fuck off tottingham..wheres your swagger gone now?

Not read the whole thread but there is another view on there, that ours was the best performance from an away team at WHL, of all time!

<a class="postlink" href="http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=55748&sid=dfce422aba43afc30abd4faa5fca802b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php? ... aa5fca802b</a>

Boo fucking hoo.

Whenever we lose, its going to be "The rich fuckers cant even buy a win"

Whenever we win, its going to be "the rich fuckers have killed football".

Haters gonna hate.

bluebarn said:
I have been exiled in North London for the last 13 and a half years. Today was simply awesome! Last night I had the pleasure of having diner with two Arsenal fans and it was simply a delight to hear their ceaseless moaning. Because they have been top 4 for the last 15 years they just can't handle the fact that they aren't remotely contenders any more. The fact that they seem to imploding in a remarkable fashion makes it even more amusing.

Lots of Spuds fans are just the most up their own arses and non self-depricating set of fans you could wish to meet. They are constantly deluded that they are on the verge of glory and I've taken some serious abuse from them at points in the last few years when we almost always lost to them. Of course, having suffered what is now League 1 us City fans can handle any sort of football abuse, it is like water off a ducks back, but Spuds fans just can't hack it. I've been busy sending the obnoxious ones messages by text and Facebook all afternoon but they have gone into hiding. I fucking love it! I can't wait to go into work on Tuesday (why did it have to be bank holiday this weekend as it delays my winding up by another 24 hours?!).

Today I couldn't get to the match but I watched it with my brother in law who is a Spuds fan (and not one of the obnoxious ones). There were 6 of us watching and there were 3 Spuds, 2 Gooners and me. What an amazing experience! Also of interest is listening to how fans of other teams now perceive us. They are all now in awe of what a great side we are and they are genuinely thinking that we can do some serious damage in the CL. For me all of this being a top side is taking a hell of a lot of getting used to. Having spent my life worrying about how shit we are, this is a truly remarkable turn of events. Long may it continue!

Great reading, that post. My youngest sister has married intothe Arse and their [quiet] smugness over the last 20 years has known no bounds....

payback time.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.