Glory hunters...

cibaman said:
I'm a glory hunter, first City game was in 1968

Yes i am a glory hunter must have watched my first full ( as apposed to the big wooden gates opening at 3/4 time) City game in the mid 1950,s .

Yes i must be a "glory hunter".

Do i qualify ??

Ronnie Irani . Bolton fan . Played cricket for Essex and was then magically transformed into a lifelong rag . Knobhead .

Why Always Ste said:
brocky32 said:
Why do some city fans think to support city you should have been born in manc, i live in crewe and love the club more than my wife. My dad was a blue so i was born with blue blood.

I think it's a case of us as a club trying to define and shape our image/identity during times of large success for the Rags...
so as they've got more popular and more "out of towners" jumped on the Rag bandwaggon we've got used to having a large chunk of fellow blues being from in or around the area. ok this is our identity - we'll stick with this

Now we're on Tv everyday, every game is broadcast, we've become a lot more attractive for "out of towners" to follow City....So what we knew as being City, the identity we grown to know and attach ourselves to is changing into what we've hated for so long -The Rag out of towners.

We are becoming that next step up in terms of club support. I mean the Facebook page now has 4mil. likes...

4million people don't even live in Manchester haha

People do have their own agendas though in relation to this. Some will point at a Asian lad and presume he's actually from China, when in fact he could of been born and bred in Manchester.

Ones Gender/Ethnicity/Accent doesn't bother me...What does bother me is the strong possibility as we become more popular I will be priced out of going to watch City.

The owners aren't bothered that we paid our hard earned cash only a few years ago now to watch us get beat by shit teams in lower leagues.

At the derby game a few lads where cheering for City with Southern accents, never seen them before (mostly seasoncard holders in my area) which I don't have a problem with...But in the back of my mind I'm thinking: Average income is greater down south, if they are willing to pay £100+ to a tout/viagogo for that ticket... I wonder if City will just up the prices, I then move out as I can't afford it and the southern lads stood behind me become regulars, but paying twice as much as me???

The club want these lads, not my poor ass... no consolation prize for having a Mancunian accent.
I think the global brand of the club is growing faster than any of us can imagine. The promotion of the club into the Asian market (which is potentially huge) was demonstrated by taking the off season games into South East Asia.

The rags (unfortunately) are playing in Sydney in July (opportunity missed for us) to reinforce their global image.

We need to continue to reposition ourselves in a competitive marketplace. That means that there should be tickets available for 'tourists'. My son and I bought tickets for the Barcelona v Valencia game earlier this year. It was officially sold out. However at the Barca ticket office we got tickets on the halfway line. Sure we paid extra but this is part of the globalisation of the game. Soriano recognised this when they rebranded Barca.

There will always be a place for the fans with blue blood coursing through their veins. The club needs to get the balance right. In my view the stadium expansion is a very good idea. At the moment I believe the capacity is too small for a club going places globally.

Part of the balance is ticket prices. As a revenue stream it is small potatoes compared to other revenue streams. I am all for keeping prices down. It shows good faith with the loyal supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.