Glory hunters...

Josh Blue said:
With people worried about the club picking up a load of band wagon jumping glory hunters I was wondering does anyone know any GROWN men change the club they support? How can this happen, surely glory hunters are all young impressional kids?

Has a man ever supported say.. Charlton and when they got relegated thought fuck it, i'll be a Man Utd fan?

That is grounds for the end of a friendship. I hate turn coats if a man can change teams he can sleep with your wife/girlfriend he is not to be trusted.

NipHolmes said:
We need to embrace all comers to increase sales of tickets, merchandise etc to boost revenue.

I admit my heart broke seeing them Chinese snapping away at Rooney whilst wearing City colours.

We seem to get loads of shit for this yet United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barca, Real, Bayern, Juventus and A.C Milan have all made their money from them. We need to be the next ones.

Me too...I initially thought they were rags who had got into the City end as I only caught the utd half of his scarve...he should of thrown his camera at him...joking

Going back to the original question, I know of two people who switched sides...

My so called brother and father!

My dad was supposed to be a big Leeds fan in his youth (even seeing them play at Parkhead against Celtic in the 60's). And for some reason he changed his alliance completely to the local side, Doncaster. He even supported Rovers when they beat Leeds in the play off final a few years ago, I couldn't get my head round it at all... how and why??

Whereas my brother changed from the scum to Leeds.... then to Doncaster, again celebrated at Wembley when they beat Leeds. Proper weird.

Whereas I've supported city for 40 years, no switching for me and finally my loyalty has paid off in the last couple of year.

As for glory hunters at city, we went on the club tour in the summer and was talking to a couple of Grimsby fans who told me that they'd already done the tour at trafford and was thinking of going to a few games at both the Etihad and Old Trafford.... why you'd want to do that is beyond me!

I've been and supported other teams with friends but never glory hunted, they support Scunthorpe... ha ha!

i have to put my hands up and say im a switcher.

as a kid in the early 80's i was a liverpool fan.

Here in south wales, you supported your local team (cardiff or swansea) and then you had a "good" team. in my day it was either liverpool, man u or everton. i never saw chelsea/arsenal/spurs shirts as a kid.

i totally went off football when i discovered booze and women so i went a good 8 years or so not even following football at all. but my dad always liked the city and so when i finally started getting back into it i was attracted to them and kinkladze just happened to be there at the same time and then it all took off from there. 1996. my 1st season ended in relegation i think.

i used to be the only city shirt wearer, but now they are everywhere.

Had a couple of mates who switched from Red to Blue in our teen years back in the early 80's, the vast majority of us were Blues, and the lads who were Reds, got into City because they enjoyed the day out more with us than they did with United.
Also know of a Blue, who switched to a red (for the glory......), and he now denies ever being a Blue! You couldnt make it up, but can assure you the lads who were reds have no regrets whatsoever about changing allegiance, I am sure many others on here will know of similar stories?

Ctwd

Josh Blue said:
With people worried about the club picking up a load of band wagon jumping glory hunters I was wondering does anyone know any GROWN men change the club they support? How can this happen, surely glory hunters are all young impressional kids?

Has a man ever supported say.. Charlton and when they got relegated thought fuck it, i'll be a Man Utd fan?

When Blackpool got in to the Prem loads of tangerine shirts were seen all over the town, two guys who I knew were die hard Liverpool fans told me they had really been Blackpool fans, and only "liked" Liverpool, a lot of local Rags did the same.

I could not do it my self, but if you have grown up in a place that had a poor lower league team I can understand it

I was born in manchester and have loved and supported City since i was about 5years old.

However, when i met my now wife, and first met her brother she told me that he too was a City fan but had changed allegiance to the scum !! I could not bloody believe it... That is total glory hunting.

I have a 24 year old Step-son who supports the scum as well, he has hardly been to a game but has jumped on the band wagon (as a lot of the younger generation did, because they were winning league titles). If you have a discussion with them about football they actually know fuck all and it is easy to dis-credit anything they say.

Needless to say i have a son aged 5 and a son aged 3. Both wear their City shirts with pride and are City mad. They even kiss the badge on the shirt when they put it on. It brings a tear to my eye.

We are City, The Pride of Manchester : )

A bloke in the rag pub I go in started wearing an Aguero city shirt last year when we were battering everyone. Does my nut in. I also hate seeing all the kids starting to wear city shirts. YOU HAVENT SEEN THE SHIT I HAVE, you werent there man, you werent there. Seriously though, they should be supporting their local team. So many plastic rags and now a couple of glory hunting City fans popping up around the west midlands and yes, I have seen grown men do it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.