Glory hunters...

The biggest glory hunters are the Chinese fans! I was watching city last weekend against scum and when Rooney ran to the corner all the city fans were hurling abuse at him apart from two Asian lads who jumped up with beaming smiles on there faces and wanted to get a celebratory picture WTF!!!

Never interested in football at all before meeting City. A totally new world.

Now, I spend most of time watching matches, talking with mates about players or managers. It doesn't matter if City win or lose ('course winning is important!), just love'em with all my heart.

CTID

bluetommy said:
The biggest glory hunters are the Chinese fans! I was watching city last weekend against scum and when Rooney ran to the corner all the city fans were hurling abuse at him apart from two Asian lads who jumped up with beaming smiles on there faces and wanted to get a celebratory picture WTF!!!

That is just despicable and those 2 should be banned for life - end of ; )

NipHolmes said:
We need to embrace all comers to increase sales of tickets, merchandise etc to boost revenue.

I admit my heart broke seeing them Chinese snapping away at Rooney whilst wearing City colours.

We seem to get loads of shit for this yet United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barca, Real, Bayern, Juventus and A.C Milan have all made their money from them. We need to be the next ones.

I'm glad I'm not alone on the Chinese lad argument!!

The problem is when theres football clubs struggling to survive like portsmouth the problem is sky man united and fa for not helping these clubs Every city in the uk needs a football club as it brings out the there communitys together

At lower leagues they cant fill the grounds up why because

1. People cant afford it

2. Lower League football

3. Sky sports not helping make lower league clubs to provide them with the money they need to compete

4. Taxes as it puts pressure on clubs to sell there products/tickets

5. So called Man United fans who like there team because they won all these bloody trophies and they cant be bothered to support there local team because "there not good enough" so they wear there so called hero (Rooney) who is nothing but a thug and a disgrace to english football after yesterdays behaviour.

What the premier league lacks is competiton we need to have more teams challenging for the title at least 7 or 8 decent teams who are worthy to challange for the title

At the moment is basically a 3 team league

MCFC2393 said:
The problem is when theres football clubs struggling to survive like portsmouth the problem is sky man united and fa for not helping these clubs Every city in the uk needs a football club as it brings out the there communitys together

At lower leagues they cant fill the grounds up why because

1. People cant afford it

2. Lower League football

3. Sky sports not helping make lower league clubs to provide them with the money they need to compete

4. Taxes as it puts pressure on clubs to sell there products/tickets

5. So called Man United fans who like there team because they won all these bloody trophies and they cant be bothered to support there local team because "there not good enough" so they wear there so called hero (Rooney) who is nothing but a thug and a disgrace to english football after yesterdays behaviour.

What the premier league lacks is competiton we need to have more teams challenging for the title at least 7 or 8 decent teams who are worthy to challange for the title

At the moment is basically a 3 team league

That is what the FA agreed to when they relented to the force of rags, spuds, everton, arse and the dippers threatening to break away from the football league.

Why do some city fans think to support city you should have been born in manc, i live in crewe and love the club more than my wife. My dad was a blue so i was born with blue blood.

brocky32 said:
Why do some city fans think to support city you should have been born in manc, i live in crewe and love the club more than my wife. My dad was a blue so i was born with blue blood.

I think it's a case of us as a club trying to define and shape our image/identity during times of large success for the Rags...
so as they've got more popular and more "out of towners" jumped on the Rag bandwaggon we've got used to having a large chunk of fellow blues being from in or around the area. ok this is our identity - we'll stick with this

Now we're on Tv everyday, every game is broadcast, we've become a lot more attractive for "out of towners" to follow City....So what we knew as being City, the identity we grown to know and attach ourselves to is changing into what we've hated for so long -The Rag out of towners.

We are becoming that next step up in terms of club support. I mean the Facebook page now has 4mil. likes...

4million people don't even live in Manchester haha

People do have their own agendas though in relation to this. Some will point at a Asian lad and presume he's actually from China, when in fact he could of been born and bred in Manchester.

Ones Gender/Ethnicity/Accent doesn't bother me...What does bother me is the strong possibility as we become more popular I will be priced out of going to watch City.

The owners aren't bothered that we paid our hard earned cash only a few years ago now to watch us get beat by shit teams in lower leagues.

At the derby game a few lads where cheering for City with Southern accents, never seen them before (mostly seasoncard holders in my area) which I don't have a problem with...But in the back of my mind I'm thinking: Average income is greater down south, if they are willing to pay £100+ to a tout/viagogo for that ticket... I wonder if City will just up the prices, I then move out as I can't afford it and the southern lads stood behind me become regulars, but paying twice as much as me???

The club want these lads, not my poor ass... no consolation prize for having a Mancunian accent.

Why Always Ste said:
brocky32 said:

I think it's a case of us as a club trying to define and shape our image/identity during times of large success for the Rags...
so as they've got more popular and more "out of towners" jumped on the Rag bandwaggon we've got used to having a large chunk of fellow blues being from in or around the area. ok this is our identity - we'll stick with this

Now we're on Tv everyday, every game is broadcast, we've become a lot more attractive for "out of towners" to follow City....So what we knew as being City, the identity we grown to know and attach ourselves to is changing into what we've hated for so long -The Rag out of towners.

We are becoming that next step up in terms of club support. I mean the Facebook page now has 4mil. likes...

4million people don't even live in Manchester haha

People do have their own agendas though in relation to this. Some will point at a Asian lad and presume he's actually from China, when in fact he could of been born and bred in Manchester.

Ones Gender/Ethnicity/Accent doesn't bother me...What does bother me is the strong possibility as we become more popular I will be priced out of going to watch City.

The owners aren't bothered that we paid our hard earned cash only a few years ago now to watch us get beat by shit teams in lower leagues.

At the derby game a few lads where cheering for City with Southern accents, never seen them before (mostly seasoncard holders in my area) which I don't have a problem with...But in the back of my mind I'm thinking: Average income is greater down south, if they are willing to pay £100+ to a tout/viagogo for that ticket... I wonder if City will just up the prices, I then move out as I can't afford it and the southern lads stood behind me become regulars, but paying twice as much as me???

The club want these lads, not my poor ass... no consolation prize for having a Mancunian accent.

FFS stop talking sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.