glory/tourist fans

dctid said:
supercity36 said:
anyone else think that its enevitable as we become bigger we will attract more of these? every big club has them.the sort that boo chelsea for being 1-0 down at HT despite only losing 2 of their last 100. although i know that due to the outlay the owners will want more or these type of fans spending on merchandise and tickets. but i really hope we can keep the family and working class tradition. by no means would i rather us be skint, shit with only loyal fans (ive had that for all my pissing life) but if we were overhauled by the ugg boot-wearing puffs like the one pictured we often take the piss of, i reckon this club could lose the very thing which i fell in love with, its soul.

You need a dose of reality fella - if these UEFA financial rules come into play then if City want to compete in the CL then we cannot run at a loss as we are doing now. Our wage bill is less than Chelski by a good way (20 Million or so) and they are currently runnng at a loss with similar crowds CL lots of TV money and other cup competitions and season ticket prices at least 50% more than ours. The facts are these if City fans want to compete in the CL then we are likely to see season ticket prices rise and to minimise the price rises than maybe a bigger stadium at some point to accomodate these glory hunters would be good so we are not paying season ticket prices like Arse - Chelski & Man Ure

this and this, they will come, we HAVE to cash in on anything that moves now, i was talking to a rag last night and i think there will be a turnaround, as the scum drop down the division the tourists will drop off, there is no way they will come up from essex to watch them get beat, its not in their nature, they are weak, they have to watch winners(how sad is that), this will bring seats available for all the fc utd traitors to return to cold trafford. these fans though are not southern softies with wads and wads so in order to entice them back the rags will drop their prices.we are the other hand are going in the opposite direction, prawn sarnies at the ready.
i'd prefer to find a middle ground if we can.

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
South City said:
I was born in Australia and have supported city since i was around 10ish and i would one day love to come to a game in manchester ( iam now 19) but i wouldnt want to be looked down on by other fans because i was a tourist to the area because i realy cant wait until i get the money to come out :s

You will be made more than welcome my friend. You have supported City for the last 9 years, so you clearly aren't a Glory Hunter. When you were 10 you could easily have chosen the Dark Side and supported the Rags, as I assume with your dates that City would have been emerging from the old 3rd Division when you became a Supporter. It is the sort of Supporter you are, who deserves all the credit there is in the World for choosing City as your Team.

Completely agree.

I now travel up from the Kent (5 hours each way) coast for every home and away game this season. Previously, I would try to make the London games and perhaps Portsmouth or sometime the midlands and get up to City 2 or 3 times a season. Trotted around all the 2nd Div grounds down south - Gillingham being the nearest ground to me!
Having supported City since the year dot (born in Ramsbottom and entire family were rags!), moved south, back at school in manchester in the late 70's (got to maine road as much as possible), I considered myself a tourist supporter for many years.
Now, I would not miss the transformation of the club for the world. I am very lucky that an can just about to afford to travel and have a season ticket to all the games (just setting off for Scunnie!).
But I think we will find that there are many City supporters, but mainly ones that have moved away or have real connections to City than the glory seekers that Chelsea (much more especially than the rags) have attracted, that will actually start to come and see City now. I have many city mates scattered all over the South how are now starting to get to as many games as possible and whilst our accents might have slipped, don't make us any less worth of supporting City in the best way we can.
One thing I can say is that I much prefer having most other clubs and fans slagging us off because of petty jealousy and the british tradition of knocking the successful things in life than being slagged of for the likes of being the poor relations to the rags and well below average for 30+ years.
Bring on the prawn sandwich munchers I say but keep singing our songs and remember - WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM TO COME FROM MANCHESTER

stonerblue said:
Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
You will be made more than welcome my friend. You have supported City for the last 9 years, so you clearly aren't a Glory Hunter. When you were 10 you could easily have chosen the Dark Side and supported the Rags, as I assume with your dates that City would have been emerging from the old 3rd Division when you became a Supporter. It is the sort of Supporter you are, who deserves all the credit there is in the World for choosing City as your Team.

Completely agree.

well thats good to know because growing up around liverpool and untied supporters i just cant wait to be around if only once infront of 40000 plus blue supporters and yes wen i first started following city it wasnt one of our greatest moments but it looking alot better now isnt it too bad i m not stil at school i could of gave those scum supporters abit of a better spray now with the current sitituation even though it never stopped me back then. cheers boys

saw eamon holmesin the club shop about five mins ago. he was buying the new home shirt and was enquiriing if there were any tickets left for the scunny game today. coincince or what?

Think I'll see it over next few years more than most. I run the Supporters Club in the North East and the 30 odd members are all originally from Manchester but exiled. Of those, there are 10+ season ticket holders like myself doing the 300 mile round trip.
It's inevitable that in a few years time, the Metro Centre will be swarming with 6 year olds wearing the Shirts....not happy about it but just gonna have to accept that this is the price of success.

I got into City when I moved to Manchester myself but I love this club and for street rep it was before both takeovers!

Only messing. I dont have a problem with tourist fans, we have fans all over the world, almost every PL club does, we have a decent following in australia, america, some europeans have taken a big interest in city especially the italians and germans, wore my city shirt in berlin and it was widely known. Even in Belfast where I'm from, full of rag and scouse, arsenal and chelsea (you'd have NEVER seen a chelsea top where im from 10 years ago because of association with rangers), but now and again you see someone walking around with a city top. Sometimes I come back to Manchester when visiting home on match day and the plane has plenty of City fans on it.

I've come to the conclusion City fans dont tend to wear our colours that often, not nearly as often as United fans who seem to wear it to make up for their dick size or something. You dont even see that many people wearing City tops in Manchester city centre but you know fine well the place is full of us.

glory hunter fans are a different matter, but we cant do anything about it. but lets remember we have to actually start winning things to attract these dickheads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.