Gloryhunters....

Glory hunting since April '71.......took ages to get the hang of it.

Oh and I'd like the post counts back as well please ric.

I was actually an anti-glory hunter - I suspect City has attracted a few of us over the 'RAG' period.

My dad was a big rugby league fan and only really followed City after me. When I was about 6 or 7 at school in Oldham almost every other bugger was on about United (won the League in 67) and that George Best fella (...Superstar, walks like a woman and he wears a bra, that one). Being always an awkward bugger I decided I was going to support City, who within a year duly obliged me by winning the League - I actually remember the 4-3 at Newcastle to win the League on the Big Match, or whatever it was called in 1968 (I was 7).

Things were great for 3 or 4 years - bit disappointed we lost the league when Rodders signed, but like many others I thought this was what life was like. Then, despite a brief flirtation with the League Cup and League runner-up with the Tueart-era team, it was mostly horrfic from then on.

Until the last few years, when the awkwardness of a little boy has again been rewarded.

My first match was City v Gillingham @ Wembley, + under 25 years as a fan. Is there a master level on gloryhunting, cause I'm there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.