GMP Declare War on Cyclists

mekonmcfc said:
urmston said:
Where I live there is blindingly obvious evidence that people drive on the pavement because their cars are left parked half on it and half off the road, and quite often more off the road than on.

If it is OK to drive a car onto the pavement and leave it there for hours why should cycling on it for a few minutes be a problem, especially as the number of pedestrians who are killed every year by motorists as they walk along the pavement is considerable and the number killed by cyclists is so low/zero in most years the government doesn't even have any figures on it.

Cyclists are an insignificant problem on our roads compared to the minority of nerdy pretend racing drivers who seem to think the public roads are a place to show off their dismal driving skills in their mass produced motors as they journey to and from their crap jobs or the supermarket.

Very well put Urmston, I'm a fellow rider and there are some complete t*at drivers on the road.

-- Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:57 pm --

de niro said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Cycling is the new motoring:

Bikes outsell cars
According to recent reports bikes outsold cars in most European countries last year, with the UK being the second biggest bicycle buying nation behind Germany.

Germans bought 3,966,000 bikes last year, but only 3,083,000 cars. While in the UK 3,600,000 bikes were bought versus 2,045,000 cars.

Across the EU, bikes outsold cars in every country except Belgium and Luxembourg last year. Even car-mad Italy saw pedal power overtake engines for the first time since World War 2 with 1,606,000 bikes bought and just 1,402,000 cars.

Bike sales in 2012 were in fact slightly down on 2011 (Germany: 4,010,000, UK: 3,640,000, Italy: 1,771,000), but car sales are down much further.

ha ha they will do in a recession, a car costs like 30 grand, whats a bike? about a ton. on par with a scalectric as the "must have" toy for xmas.

You clearly haven't bought a bike for a very very long time, probably since your grifter !! And how many people by a £30k car ?

lots of them because they're successful and have big brains which meant they could make lots of money so could buy a car, unlike the poor, stupid people who buy bikes because they're such social amoebas they can't bear contact with other people and sit on a bus in the warmth.

People with cheap cars only have cheap cars because they are such amazing people they donate most of their money to charity to save people and fund doctors going out to 3rd world war torn countries to help people and save the poor medical staff from having to stand there all day working out which part of another cyclists squished remains was their face.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mekonmcfc said:
urmston said:
Where I live there is blindingly obvious evidence that people drive on the pavement because their cars are left parked half on it and half off the road, and quite often more off the road than on.

If it is OK to drive a car onto the pavement and leave it there for hours why should cycling on it for a few minutes be a problem, especially as the number of pedestrians who are killed every year by motorists as they walk along the pavement is considerable and the number killed by cyclists is so low/zero in most years the government doesn't even have any figures on it.

Cyclists are an insignificant problem on our roads compared to the minority of nerdy pretend racing drivers who seem to think the public roads are a place to show off their dismal driving skills in their mass produced motors as they journey to and from their crap jobs or the supermarket.

Very well put Urmston, I'm a fellow rider and there are some complete t*at drivers on the road.

de niro said:
ha ha they will do in a recession, a car costs like 30 grand, whats a bike? about a ton. on par with a scalectric as the "must have" toy for xmas.

You clearly haven't bought a bike for a very very long time, probably since your grifter !! And how many people by a £30k car ?

lots of them because they're successful and have big brains which meant they could make lots of money so could buy a car, unlike the poor, stupid people who buy bikes because they're such social amoebas they can't bear contact with other people and sit on a bus in the warmth.

People with cheap cars only have cheap cars because they are such amazing people they donate most of their money to charity to save people and fund doctors going out to 3rd world war torn countries to help people and save the poor medical staff from having to stand there all day working out which part of another cyclists squished remains was their face.

After reading that drivel I suspect you've got a smart car or maybe a Lada

charliebigspuds said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
mekonmcfc said:

No a fire engine just so I can soak cyclists with my water cannon.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
charliebigspuds said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

No a fire engine just so I can soak cyclists with my water cannon.

Your big brain is working overtime there mate, I think it may need a lay down!

Matty said:
Phil Meup said:
... all good well thought out arguments.
Cyclists have as much right to a safe use of the road as anyone else!!

And as much responsibility to ensure that said use of the road is, indeed, safe. If a cyclist is riding their bike in a dangerous manner, swerving in and out of traffic, riding straight through red lights, mounting the pavement etc then they should be held just as accountable as a car driver who isn't controlling their vehicle properly.
What you're failing to grasp is that cars kill & injure far more people than cyclists - & it's often not the dickhead driver who gets hurt. I have had the very unfortunate experience of witnessing a car go through on red, ending in a fatality. I've ridden through on red hundreds of times & never had any problems - I'm one of those considerate types that looks out for pedestrians.
When the coppers start nicking bstards who are distracted from driving while using mobile phones (2 of whom have nearly killed me!) I might think twice.

Phil Meup said:
Matty said:
Phil Meup said:

And as much responsibility to ensure that said use of the road is, indeed, safe. If a cyclist is riding their bike in a dangerous manner, swerving in and out of traffic, riding straight through red lights, mounting the pavement etc then they should be held just as accountable as a car driver who isn't controlling their vehicle properly.
What you're failing to grasp is that cars kill & injure far more people than cyclists - & it's often not the dickhead driver who gets hurt. I have had the very unfortunate experience of witnessing a car go through on red, ending in a fatality. I've ridden through on red hundreds of times & never had any problems - I'm one of those considerate types that looks out for pedestrians.
When the coppers start nicking bstards who are distracted from driving while using mobile phones (2 of whom have nearly killed me!) I might think twice.

You shouldn't be allowed to ride if your ignoring traffic signals.

The result is irrelevant, who's to say a cyclist going through a red won't cause a car in an opposite direction to swerve, cause a crash or hit a pedestrian? Who's to say a cyclist won't hit a pedestrian, and even if not kill them, hurt them or knock either of them into oncoming traffic? Who's to say a cyclist on the pavement won't cause a pedestrian to take avoidance measures and end up in the road in oncoming traffic?

Not up on the laws for cyclists but I think they should all have to be licensed and their bikes have special tags on them that cameras can pick up, like number plates, and if they are arses they should be sanctioned/banned from the road.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Phil Meup said:
Matty said:

The result is irrelevant, who's to say a cyclist going through a red won't cause a car in an opposite direction to swerve, cause a crash or hit a pedestrian? Who's to say a cyclist won't hit a pedestrian, and even if not kill them, hurt them or knock either of them into oncoming traffic? Who's to say a cyclist on the pavement won't cause a pedestrian to take avoidance measures and end up in the road in oncoming traffic?

Not up on the laws for cyclists but I think they should all have to be licensed and their bikes have special tags on them that cameras can pick up, like number plates, and if they are arses they should be sanctioned/banned from the road.
Tags on bikes or numberplates ha ha no chance

Phil Meup said:
Just heard on Capital that police in Manchester are stopping cyclists that are riding 'dangerously' & fining some £50. Great idea to target the innocent!just seen a bike crushed by a car on Wilbrham Road: bet the police gave the driver a reward. Fkin sickens me.
On a serious note, really hope the rider isnt too badly hurt.

Hahaha innocent my fucking left penis<br /><br />-- 22 Nov 2013, 20:21 --<br /><br />
Phil Meup said:
Matty said:
Phil Meup said:

If you are cycling through red lights you are ignoring the laws of the road you chose to use on a form of transport and are therefore a nob

blue underpants said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Phil Meup said:

Tags on bikes or numberplates ha ha no chance

they should, you should be held accountable for your misuse of your vehicle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.