Goalkeeper distribution

blueju said:
He waits a few seconds too long when he could have thrown the ball or rolled it out. He doesn't seem to have the confidence in his defenders to play it out even when they are in loads of space. With our players we can usually play it out even when it's tight at the back.

Just because the crowd are baying for him to throw the ball doesn't mean that the pass is 'on'. The majority of the time he's dead right in his decision making.

It's hardly a 'deal breaker' in what makes a great Goal keeper...

Hart is up there with the worlds best at 'GOAL KEEPING'

levets said:
It's hardly a 'deal breaker' in what makes a great Goal keeper...

Hart is up there with the worlds best at 'GOAL KEEPING'

Isnt he just
I wouldnt swap him for anyone
And that includes the lad from bayern who many wank over on here..

BatleyBlue said:
I can only assume that his instructions were to kick it towards the wings. Let's see if anything changes next season with new coaches and manager in place.
Willy at Malaga rarely goes long. Usually it's a roll out to a defender; but that defender needs to work hard to create space for himself!

I think it has to improve, it gets us into trouble and removes an avenue of attack.

Reina at Liverpool is the best I have seen this season kicking wise. Not that I would swap Joe for Pepe, it is just an obvious weakness that lets him down time and again.

bluemoondays said:
Time and again I see people complaining about Joe's distribution of the ball but, while I do agree it can use some work, why do people seem to assume a keeper can hit 40-50 yard passes and do it reliably.........?

Very few players.in the whole of the PL are good enough to do that and even the best passers of the ball probably have less than 50% pass rate when attempting these constantly. Why is a keeper expected to be different and be expected to punt 50 yard kicks and be expected to hit the target all the time?

Realistically, a keeper can only put it in the general area, it's up to the players near the ball to move to it and/or win the ball if it's 50/50. Joe is probably on a par with most other keepers in the PL, I'd guess most teams forums are wringing about their keepers kicking.......

listen joe is a great keeper and will only get better and we all should be Glad hes with us end of, BUT he does have this habit of pinging it out of play.
when we won the league it didnt seem to happen quite as much but it has crept back into his game this season for sure.

i dont think there is a problem the ball being aimed to a wide area especially if weve deployed a strong header of the ball to receive that ping from joe because generally that player would be competing for the ball with a fullback who are not normally the strongest headers of the ball(obviously centre halfs are,hence why we dont go down he middle)which in theory results in him winning the header leading hopefuly to an attack on the oposition goal .

to excecute this joe has to be keeping the ball in play,he doesnt have to accurately pass the ball and pin point a 70 yard hollywood pass,just put it in an area where our player is being given a chance of wining the header thats all.

i think if we all was just to think its okay for joe to do this we would be doing him an injustice because he is his own biggest critic and he knows he needs to work hard on this to make it right and im sure he will because he is one the worlds best.
i think the tactic of putting the ball in this area of the pitch is okay and can work but i would rather see us playing out from the back whenever possible.
not a rant just an observation.

stonerblue said:
I don't subscribe to the 'Hart can't kick' club. Nothing at all wrong with his distribution.

i dont think anyone is really saying joe cant kick but it is glaringly obvious that he is having afew problems putting the ball in this particular area of the pitch on a regular basis, he himself will know this.

i think joes distribution on the whole is good and mostly makes good decisions but i also think he is the best keeper in europe so i think he does need to pay so attention to this because it would be foolish not to.

like i say just an observation,i dont think for one minute anyones hating up or slagging joe off,thats for sure lads.

Its alright when you have players that are in space so he can kick it to, but when they're marked he has to kick it long and hope for a flick on.

I'm hoping Manu will change things up and have to two defenders run to the sides and a DM come closer to to Hart so he will have more options to play it short.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.