Goals you've missed by leaving early/late/going to the bog?

First goal at legendary York away never new we were one down until we scored. Started drinking far to early that day.

Yaya Wembley went for piss.

Anybody else seem to go on a purple patch with pissing and goals my mate missed three this season on the bounce.

Got to stage where saying we need a goal i'm going for a piss. Never minded really as long as we scored and thinking your very own piss made it happen.

Only 1, late 70's at Maine Rd I think it was against Norwich we had penalty taken by Tueart, arse of a ref made him take it three times, watched him score first two but both disallowed for infringements had hands over my eyes for the third. luckily he scored that one too :0)

Bluemoon dan said:
Just thought of another one, away at Newcastle when Shearer scored after about 10 seconds. Was actually in the ground and saw them kick off then turned round and started walking up the steps to get to my seat on more or less the back row. Remember hearing the roar and not even looking back round.

Yeah - same for me. Three hours down the pub behind the station before staggering up to SJP and those bloody stairs. It was about half time before my pal told me we were losing 1-0!

Lincoln away 1996. Appalling traffic between Worksop and Lincoln on the A57 and A1 (yes I remember that slow crawl like it was yesterday) mean't I got in just after kick off. i was was just taking my seat and looking straight ahead when one Uwe Rosler scored the opener. I was looking the other way but consoled myself, "There'll be more goals". Well, there were...for Lincoln. Four of the buggers as City were abject. Awful, awful night, and we were left managerless the next day, as Dave Bassett changed his mind about coming to City the day after (not necessarily a bad thing).

Went for a piss away at Coventry in 1992 and missed Fitzroy Simpsons equaliser but managed to see Curles penalty that won us the game after being 2-0 down. Mickey Quinn had scored two on his debut for Coventry.
To be honest I was so pissed I am amazed i only missed 1 of the goals. Happy days and a triumphant walk back to Coventry station in the driving rain.

Middlesbrough away midweek game.....

Very foggy. We scored at the far end and I still to this day haven't seen the goal...so I suppose this counts as a missed goal !

Drove for God knows how many hours to Hamburg, got a ticket in the Hamburg end, went into wrong section and was on concourse trying to find right block when Ireland scored - had a good view of their three goals though! Still one of the best City experiences ever though!!

Think I may have missed Sheron's at Chelsea as well.

And yes I did mention leaving at 3-0 v Utd but didn't and somewhat hypocritically screamed "we're Man City we stay to the end" after the final whistle - lesson learnt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.