Goals you've missed by leaving early/late/going to the bog?

Just a handful over nearly 40 years of watching our beloved team, but the two which stand out (and they were the wrong ones to miss for so many reasons....)

JIM MELROSE 60 YARD WONDER STRIKE V CHARLTON AT MAINE ROAD -reading my programme, then the Kippax goes absolutely mental and Im left wondering what all the comotion is about......lol

SHAUN GOATER ROBBING NEVILLE FOR HIS FIRST GOAL IN THE LAST MAINE ROAD DERBY - few pints of Hydes Anvil saw me in the North Stand bog - I swear, never again!!!

Lots and lots down the years.

The two which stick out are Micah v Villa and Yaya in the semi (still drinking my pint thinking it was half time)!

The most recent was Kolarov on Saturday (also my lads first goal at his first ever match - and he missed it!)

Ya Ya's in the Cup Final!! Rushed to the loo and heard the roar going up just as I was coming out and ran to the top of the nearest aisle and a policeman just went; "You missed it love" and started laughing at me!!

just remembered i missed Benjanis goal at the swamp, programmes were sold out an hour before game programme seller come back at ht we will have some i went down missed Benjanis goal & still they didnt have any programmes did get an extra scarf though

As a 15 year old at Wembley for the League Cup against Newcastle in 1976 I went to the bog at half time. Struggling to get back to the stands you can guess which goal I missed.

Best one I remember was my best mate at Tranmere.

We were right on the beer all day in the sunshine. We got in the ground and he fell straight to sleep on his seat. At some point in the game we scored and everyone went mad. He just jumped up, without even opening his eyes, did a cheer, and settled back down to sleep again.

Didnt leave early, come late, or go to the bog, but I missed Ali Bernabia diving header and Marc Viv Foe (RIP) 2nd goal in the 3-1 win at Maine Road years in December 2002.
Reason I missed them is cause I was sat behind a pillar in the Maine Stand and could only see about 30% of the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.