God bless USA

• Thread starter dronefromsector7g
  • Start date
Looks good to me.

enhanced-buzz-28853-1366127642-11.jpg

We'll all smoke B.C bud and drink real beer whilst ice fishing eh.

Skashion said:
Certainly the US has been directly or indirectly responsible for millions of deaths in the past seventy years. Yet numerous people seem to take issue with anti-Americanism. None of these people, from what I can see, object to being anti-USSR. Why the difference?

I quite cant put my finger on it pal. Good question.

I wouldn't ever visit either country if you paid me to be honest. I think the crap people were told say before the internet or before we had a range of different news channels has opened folks eyes a lot more. I was always told as a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s that dont believe straight away what is on telly and newspapers is gospel.

Skashion said:
Certainly the US has been directly or indirectly responsible for millions of deaths in the past seventy years. Yet numerous people seem to take issue with anti-Americanism. None of these people, from what I can see, object to being anti-USSR. Why the difference?

I fall into that category
With me its the war, nations that Britain has fought for/with always hold Britain in a special regard. I hold the USA in special regard because of them entering WW2 when public opinion in the USA was against this.
Simply put without them we could never have defeated Hitler, even before they entered the war (and lost thousands of theyre own people in doing so) they supplied us with the means of fighting WW2, they also supplied Russia with a lot of stuff.

I also have a special bond with America in that when I was growing up I loved so many American things, from DC comic books (Superman, Batman, Spiderman etc) to Levi jeans, from Fender to Gibson guitars, from Rock n Roll to Jazz & Blues music, Western movies to Mr Ed and the Clampetts, also without the Americans we would have so much less to enjoy in life because of their zillion inventions (Google American inventions to see what Im on about)

I also love the actual country, having driven round it a bit, its a spectacular place.

I suppose you could say Russia is also spectacular, but culturally for me, Ive never admired the way people live in that country nor have I admired anything that's come from there

Also lets not forget that from the end of WW2 to Gorbachov they were our enemy in a cold war, a cold war that could've exploded into a hot one.

America has interfered with other countries but as far as Im aware they have never annexed them, like say the Russians annexed practically the whole of Eastern Europe, building a wall across Berlin to stop Germans getting into free Germany was a tad evil in my eyes.

chabal said:
Barcon said:
How come we are only concerning ourselves with countries that have acted the **** since the end of WW2?
We had our turn, now it's theirs. Thankfully none of us will be around when the next set of cunts rock up.

My money's on the Norwegians.

Them and their fucking fjords.

Leave the Norwegians out of this, they send a Christmas tree as a gift to the UK as token of their thanks and gratitude for our support during WW2.

nimrod said:
Skashion said:

I fall into that category
With me its the war, nations that Britain has fought for/with always hold Britain in a special regard. I hold the USA in special regard because of them entering WW2 when public opinion in the USA was against this.
Simply put without them we could never have defeated Hitler, even before they entered the war (and lost thousands of theyre own people in doing so) they supplied us with the means of fighting WW2, they also supplied Russia with a lot of stuff.

I also have a special bond with America in that when I was growing up I loved so many American things, from DC comic books (Superman, Batman, Spiderman etc) to Levi jeans, from Fender to Gibson guitars, from Rock n Roll to Jazz & Blues music, Western movies to Mr Ed and the Clampetts, also without the Americans we would have so much less to enjoy in life because of their zillion inventions (Google American inventions to see what Im on about)

I also love the actual country, having driven round it a bit, its a spectacular place.

I suppose you could say Russia is also spectacular, but culturally for me, Ive never admired the way people live in that country nor have I admired anything that's come from there

Also lets not forget that from the end of WW2 to Gorbachov they were our enemy in a cold war, a cold war that could've exploded into a hot one.

America has interfered with other countries but as far as Im aware they have never annexed them, like say the Russians annexed practically the whole of Eastern Europe, building a wall across Berlin to stop Germans getting into free Germany was a tad evil in my eyes.

Have the yanks ever invaded Australia?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.