Golf clubs for beginners

Re: Re: Golf clubs for beginners

robbie brewer said:

Petty you couldn't stretch a bit further or maybe save up?

For £399 I've purchased a full set of brand new wilson's + a bag.

driver - 460 cc head
3 wood
3 hybrid easier to hit than 3 iron
4 hybrid easier to hit than 4 iron
5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 irons
Pitching and sand wedges
Putter

Just bought these from american golf for £349 they are an excellent club suitable for mid to high handicapers including beginers. The irons are very similar to last years Calloway irons which sell for about £500 just for the irons.
For this price you also get free custom fitting which makes sure the clubs ae suitable for you. If you can afford £349 you will struggle to find a better value for money set of clubs. Call in at your local american golf and ask to try the Wilson Deep Red High MOI package the price has been reduced to £349 this weeek. Good luck

Bloody hell £50 down the drain.

pauldominic said:
robbie brewer said:
Petty you couldn't stretch a bit further or maybe save up?
For £399 I've purchased a full set of brand new wilson's + a bag.
driver - 460 cc head
3 wood
3 hybrid easier to hit than 3 iron
4 hybrid easier to hit than 4 iron
5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 irons
Pitching and sand wedges
Putter
Just bought these from american golf for £349 they are an excellent club suitable for mid to high handicapers including beginers. The irons are very similar to last years Calloway irons which sell for about £500 just for the irons.
For this price you also get free custom fitting which makes sure the clubs ae suitable for you. If you can afford £349 you will struggle to find a better value for money set of clubs. Call in at your local american golf and ask to try the Wilson Deep Red High MOI package the price has been reduced to £349 this weeek. Good luck

Looked at them on Mon liked the look and feel of them and was going to buy them. The guy in the shop told me to wait till Wed as they were being reduced by £50, you don't get that very often. As I said top piece of kit I hit eah club at least 10yds further than my old set.

robbie brewer said:
pauldominic said:
Looked at them on Mon liked the look and feel of them and was going to buy them. The guy in the shop told me to wait till Wed as they were being reduced by £50, you don't get that very often. As I said top piece of kit I hit eah club at least 10yds further than my old set.

Well I confess I'm pleased with them.

For a beginner I honestly don't think you can go far wrong with Benross. I bloody love the set I have.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/Brands/Benross-Sets-of-Irons/b1350/sc1500.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/Brands/Benr ... c1500.aspx</a>

Have played a couple of 9-hole rounds and really enjoyed it so looking at some clubs for myself.

Whats is the difference between Graphite & Steel clubs? Presumable graphite ones are better as they are more expensive?

Dont forget the pastel jumpers and trousers that you wouldn't normally been seen dead in.

Not sure if it's just the blokes in my local, but golf seems to turn ordinary decent men into smug, smarmy and obnoxious pricks looking down their noses at anyone who wasn't wearing a diamond patterned jumper with matching polo shirt.
Take them out of their Pringles and they'd return to normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.