Golf clubs for beginners

daveduke67 said:
Dont forget the pastel jumpers and trousers that you wouldn't normally been seen dead in.

Not sure if it's just the blokes in my local, but golf seems to turn ordinary decent men into smug, smarmy and obnoxious pricks looking down their noses at anyone who wasn't wearing a diamond patterned jumper with matching polo shirt.
Take them out of their Pringles and they'd return to normal.

The local golf club near where we live is full of those types - we have social membership there with a few friends as is only bar within walking distance to where we live.

The course I played on at weekend was a 9 hole which can play twice to do 18 with different pegs on back 9. As it was my 2nd time I went in dark jeans, polo shirt and dark trainers - the staff and other players seemed pretty nice normal folks - but then you don't have to pya fee's to play - its a pay as you play for the most part.

The local golf club near where we live is full of those types - we have social membership there with a few friends as is only bar within walking distance to where we live.
Duky by any chance ?

sky tot said:
Duky by any chance ?

No mate, live in Lincolnshire! the nearest pub is £10 taxi ride away so if me and a few mates fancy a couple beers we wander to the golf club and get looked at like we have 2 heads or something by some of the members.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.