Golf Thread

Spot on . That’s usually one of my strong points . I follow Sidekick Golfer on YouTube. His vids are all about course management and using your shots eg when you have a shot on a hole play for Bogey , possibly you could par it . Par 5s taking a club to put you on fairway, eg 6 iron 165 yards , then another 6 iron , probably left with something like 150 yards left to the green. Too many people instantly take their driver out on Par 5s
Must admit whereas I think course management is quite important. I don't really agree with the examples quoted and think they are pretty poor generic advice.

With the modernised Stroke Index system the distribution of strokes should not represent their difficulty but to give a good distribution around the course for matchplay. So just because you are getting a stroke on any given hole does not mean a bogey is the expected score for your handicap.
Besides which people's strengths and weaknesses are different. You should play a hole on what they are and the obstacles not some notional idea of getting a stroke.

There has been plenty of studies on using driver and whereas there may be a few holes where it is inappropriate.because of a particular hazard at your driving distance, laying back to find the fairway is generally poor advice.

People often don't find the fairway with the shorter club, most people are less accurate with a six iron than they think.
If you've missed the fairway with a driver and have to wedge back or use a lofted iron most people will still be at least as far forward as with two six irons which they can still mishit.
If you've hit the driver well you are at a considerable advantage.

Have to admit I was very positive with my 107 in Southport on Sunday however my left hand side feels like someone has taken a sledgehammer to it.

First round back so just need to be playing more regularly.............

Spot on . That’s usually one of my strong points . I follow Sidekick Golfer on YouTube. His vids are all about course management and using your shots eg when you have a shot on a hole play for Bogey , possibly you could par it . Par 5s taking a club to put you on fairway, eg 6 iron 165 yards , then another 6 iron , probably left with something like 150 yards left to the green. Too many people instantly take their driver out on Par 5s

High handicappers are inconsistent, if they could hit a 6 iron clean and straight all the time they wouldn't be a high handicapper. Avoiding trouble is a good idea hitting short isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.